Telecoms jobs

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by bombdr2494, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If anybody is either leaving the forces or left and interested in working for BT and have Telecoms experience or planning on doing resettlement (i can recommend a good course, the one i did) then pm me and i can get you sorted working for BT plenty of overtime. Hourly wage £18 and £25 overtime. BT accreditation provided, and you are paid as you earn your accreditation and shadow a BT employer. PS you DONT have to be ex sigs but the course i did for resettlement WILL help....also have an access code to get you past all the idiots applying and just a phone interview needed.

2. You have PM mate 8)

3. Sorry been working and not been able to get online. I have answered all pms and if theres ANYTHING i can help with then feel free to ask and ill help anyway i can :)

4. Check your PMs.

5. All answered now

6. check your pm fella.

7. I now have a few more places who require telecoms engineers for Afghan Cyprus and Germany now, if interested drop me a pm and ill send you the info.

8. I am very intrested in going for telecoms training and was looking at ctts training, what are they like PM me back

9. Hi,

Very interested in your post. Am telecoms trained can you pm me with all details.

10. TELECOMMS JOBS **** ME , IS THERE ACTUALLY ANY OUT THERE???????????????????? :x :x :x

11. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Loads mate. Walking around and shouting like a cnut might be the reason you don't have one though. :oops:

12. Did all you guys do a ctts course. I am gonna wait till they introduce the 3G courses as well hopefully they wil make it part of the 6 week package, cause thats the one i wanna do. This includes the SDH which looking around on a few jobs web pages dont sem to hurt to have. I cant do anything at the moment as i am on ops at the moment but will start getting the ball rolling as i am back in the uk, my girlfriend is nagging me to start looking at houses, so i am starting to take intrest in the kind of jobs out there.

13. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

SDH is good to have if it's in enough detail. And of course you want to work as a transmission engineer.

3G experience is great if you have planning and optimisation experience in a live network.

All in all the more you have a knowledge of though the more you can get your foot in the door, which is the most important thing. Once in you can learn and progress.

Experience is important but if you can show knowledge and a willingness to learn that may be good enough to secure that all important first job.

Good luck fella.

14. Well i have put my notice in today after doing all the research i can, i am very happy doing this course also i am looking at doing the 6 week course cause after all knowledge is power lol, and i am looking at doing it either July or August. For anyone that have done the course, what advice can you give me, is it worth me learning basic maths or something, does the course involves any maths?, what happens if you fail an exam, do i have to pay to resit another, what is the teaching like ? , my knowledge is only good in the marines( this has been my only job), what courses did you guys do and what sort of employment do you have now, and what web sites did you look at to strat looking at employment as i cant do contract work all the time to support a mortgage, and is it worth me going down for the day to look around?

These are exciting times for me but i am very nervous as well as you can tell with all the questons

Any advice would be greatfull

15. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Completely natural to be worried about leaving. But really try and understand there is very little of the 'can do' attitude that is prevalent in the forces. Which means you WILL shine amongst your peers in civi street.

Contract work is not so bad. It attracts higher wages because of its lack of stability. Don't knock it as its a way of filling the coffers quite quickly. If you've got something to offer the next contract is not hard to find.

Learn all you can while the mil is paying. There are a lot of jobs out there and you CAN do a lot of them.

If you need anything feel free to PM me and I'll be happy to chat via mail or phone on what the industry is looking for at the moment.

I guess the most important thing is don't underestimate yourself, you do have a lot to offer, you just perhaps don't really understand how much right now.

Good luck with the job hunting.