Teflon Tony dumped by N10 for Baroness Ashton

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by beemer007, Nov 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. He can sweep the corridors and clean the bogs. About all he's good for anyway.

2. as much as I'd like tony to be lowered slowy into a vat of slurry (although that might contaminate perfectly good dung it would be a price worth paying)
    if the Eu wanted a world strideing pres he could do it and be amoral enough to work for brussels wihout fear or favor.

fortunatly they don't and decided somebody who can make sure the minutes get typed up and the agenda gets followed and a professional diplomat are a much safer bet.

pity really buying a guy fawkes mask and hunting blair really really appealed
    going after some belgium just strikes me as bullying and anyway the germans hold all the hunting licences for hunting belgiums :twisted:

3. It rather puts a damp squibb on all the scare stories (morning ARRSErs) about an all-powerful 'President of Europe'. It was never in the interests of elected heads of government to hand their powers to some sort of Euro-potentate.

4. Not really scare mongering. That Belgium guy is already telling us that we should be flying his EU rag over and above our own and paying tax directly to his EU.

And there I was thinking that these things had been specifically dumped from their Constitution so they could tell us that it was only a treaty.

Or maybe they were just lying again.

5. No, quiet right. Instead, we have the powers that be put in place a puppet hierachy so that they can maintain control. Remind me, who voted for the Barroness (ever?)

6. I suspect TB will get his chance, just not straight away, he's like a virus, a pain in the arse to get rid of but you don't forget it!

I agree with many on here, that a PoE is what the EU Heads want nobody else, another excuse to have meetings & dinners and cause major disruption to security agencies/Governments everytime the PoE wishes to visit that particular Country,

I've just returned from a minibreak inParis when the Iraqi PM was visiting & the French security was barely minimal.

7. If you want to go down that road, remind me who voted for our Head of State (ever)?

8. In or about 1660 the nation 'voted' and agreed a form inheritance and succession for our Sovereign and Head of State.

You are entitled to your views but I think you will find little support for your 'wish' to have someone like Bliar or this Ashton foisted upon us as the result of an electoral 'whim'.

9. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

We live in a Monarchy. If you don't like it, then pish off somewhere else. When I joined I swore allegiance to the Monarch - not to the PM of the day.

10. Correct me if i'm wrong Booty, but in another thread you indicated you read a newspaper in a mess somewhere, so you obviously have sworn an oath of allegiance to her!

Nobody voted for Baroness Ashton, yet she now holds one of the most powerful positions in Europe. Indeed if you can indicate to me any reason why she has that position (did she earn it? did she work for it? is she an expert in foreign affairs?) other than who she knows, or indeed who she is actually married to.

11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Wasn't one of his things in his manifesto about getting rid of National flags and Anthems?

Uncle Adolf would be so proud his dream of a thousand year Reich is at last catching on

As oppossed to my Grandad and his brothers who will be spinning in their graves around Europe and Singapore

They swore allegiance to The Monarch of the day allegadly to defend this Counrties Fredoms not so some French Midget and an Ugly German bird could get a Belgique Quisling to tell this us what to do

12. I regard the oath of allegiance as a promise to defend my country (including The Queen), which I hope I have helped to do during my 23 years of service.

Baroness Ashton was 'voted' for by a meeting of elected heads of government, which arguably is a little more credible than the great general election of 1660 ("And now we go over to Pefer Snowe on ye swingometer").

13. Oh that will look so good on her CV, I was elected by an unelected leader of the Labour Party!

I know who I would rather vote for, and it isnt anything presidential. I too swore an oath of allegiance to Monarch and country, Not President and his unelected female sidekick. In fact, the fact there is a President of the European Commission at all has never been voted for in this country.

I was 17 at the time of the european Referendum in 1975, and have never been asked to vote for/against the EU. I think its about time we rectified that situation.

14. For the benefit of Booty, as 23 years is a long time to remember important things such as oaths:

I <insert name here> swear by Almighty God that I will be faithful and bear true allegiance to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the Second, Her Heirs and Successors, and that I will, as in duty bound, honestly and faithfully defend Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, in Person, Crown and Dignity against all enemies, and will observe and obey all orders of Her Majesty, Her Heirs and Successors, and of the generals and officers set over me. So help me God.

There is no mention of country.