Teenager Banned ffrom Wearing Poppy at Work - Online Petition

Just watched the BBC Midlands lunchtime news - a teenager from Stratford-upon-Avon was told to remove her poppy at work during the Poppy Appeal last November and has raised a petition to pursuade the Government to pass a law making it illegal to ban the wearing of the Poppy in the workplace, subject to the usual H&S and PPE requirements.

Hope many of you agree with me and sign the online petition:

Wear Your Poppy With Pride Petition

Makes me so angry I could throw the 'phone down!!!!

Just watched the BBC Midlands lunchtime news - a teenager from Stratford-upon-Avon was told to remove her poppy at work and has raised a petition to pursuade the Government to pass a law making it illegal to ban the wearing of the Poppy in the workplace, subject to the usual H&S and PPE requirements.

Hope many of you agree with me and sign the online petition:

Wear Your Poppy With Pride Petition

Makes me so angry I could throw the 'phone down!!!!
Why is she wearing a poppy in March?

Did you protest when told to remove it from your uniform?

Travelgall

LE
Kit Reviewer
That petition isn't on the official government web site. It has an advert for ambulance chasing lawyers next to it. If its going to the government surely it should be on the official site for such petitions? I would be wary adding details to this.

That petition isn't on the official government web site. It has an advert for ambulance chasing lawyers next to it. If its going to the government surely it should be on the official site for such petitions? I would be wary adding details to this.
The gov site was taken down by the new inhabitants of no 10 the last time I looked! Or have they set it up again?

Who cares?

Buying one is the main thing.
+1. Buying the things is the important bit. If I had civvy employers and they didn't want me to wear one, I couldn't get too bothered about it. I could still wear one away from work.

Thanks! For a moment there (without the link), I thought this was somebody wishing to wear a poppy at the wrong time of year.
One of the catering ladies at a cafe near me wears one year round in her little catering hat.

L

Lechies

Back on thread.... My employers are very anti about wearing poppies on our uniforms, I however, make sure I keep mine on my Lanyard. No one ever notices.

talk about small world I have the same lanyard given to me by a member of PSNI staff