Teenage soldier killed after being shot on training exercise

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SmithsRail, Sep 15, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just saw this on Sky News, More news to follow:

"Teenage soldier killed after being shot whilst on training exercise in Kent..."

RIP lad
  2. Does this normally make the press so quickly these days?
  3. Only if NoK have been informed and not requested period of grace, which in this case they have and I can only assume for the latter they have not
  4. generally the unit press office leeks the news just to make sure the army is duplicit in their duties to inform the public about deaths, aparently taking out an add in the london telegraph once a month isnt enough in todays coms rich environment
  5. I'm aware of several which never made the national press and to be honest it's probably for the best. Now the families have to put up with all the nonsense that goes with armchair generals and journalists wanting to point a finger of blame within 48hours.

It's never healthy.

RIP young man.
  6. Knocknee will be along in a minute, this happened at his Lydd & Hythe ranges !
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Suspect No 1.
  8. Not odd at all. Training accidents involving live ammunition aren't rare. It's called being human. Mistakes / errors / negligence / ****-ups are a part and parcel of life.
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

It's doesn't even have to be live ammo. We had a dead whilst I was at the Factory caused by a pyro.
  10. True, but the HSE will soon be along to tell us that bullets are too dangerous and the MOD will be signing a £30m contract with BAE to produce 50,000 SA80-shaped super soakers.
  11. Why do we need 50,000?