teenage prank or something more sinister?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by a bliar, Dec 21, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hopefully he was practising for the next labout Paty conference.

2. Hmmmm......probably watched too many old MCGuyver episodes. I suspect having an amount of conventional household chemicals stored under your kitchen sink would constitute "bomb making kit". Hell, as a student, the contents of my fridge was probably explosive if you closed the door too hard!

3. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

sort of thing been going on for years, it's only become more sinsiter in recent times.

4. Kids will be kids.

I was once, only it went phut.

5. As you say, more innocent times and few would have noticed.

I remember making nitroglycerine in my gran's garage at the age of 15. My mate and I thought that was a bit dangerous, so moved on to TNT. Luckily for our lives, we never found a way of detonating it.

6. ^^^ Crikey.

Although come to think of it my mates and I did do a fair bit of mucking about with soda bulb bombs at that age, and one of the by-products of them was a nasty peice of shrapnel that could lift a metal bin some metres off the ground. How Ive still got all my fingers and toes is a mystery sometimes.

7. We used to muck around with tennis balls, sugar, fertiliser and large boxes of kitchen matches. blimey 8O It's amazing what you get away with when you're a kid... mind you we were 12-14. This guy is 17, either he's a bit of a Shadwell, a fruit loop or it is something more sinister.

8. .22 air rifle from 10 metres for nitroglycerine, IIRC.

Best HME for children (now there's a thread title!) is good old fashioned gunpowder. My mate and I made it when we were 9, recipe from the encyclopedia Britannica. All the stuff from Boots and a garden centre.

Couldn't be arrsed wet mixing it and waiting for the water to dry,so we used petrol!

Panda pop bottles were the best containers, like little grenades they were, bits flew 40 foot in the air. Shame his mums house was thatched.