Teen proud of £10,000 Facebook party riot

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Archangel, Jul 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No doubt these two charming, responsible young people 'like totally fort dat dis paaarty was like totally brilliant an' that'. However someone has to pick up the tab and that someone is, ultimately, us.

Any members of the plod around who would care to comment on the expenditure of £10,000 in this case (which we can all ill-afford)?

Teen proud of £10,000 Facebook party riot

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Aaah, fair play to the boy. He threw a big party, it got a bit outrageous, nobody died, and the rozzers had to turf everyone out. Who in their youth would not be proud of such an achievement?

I'm only glad that they didn't have such a party near my place, otherwise I'd have had to turf them out, and they'd much rather it was the police if that happened.

3. Makes me ashamed to be young.

4. "the 17-year-old said: 'It was a great party. I am well proud that people are saying it cost the police £10,000. My mates are saying what a sick party it was - the best yet.' "

needs to be beaten.

5. Why not just bill the parents???

6. Why not just birch the parents? Then bill them for that as well.

7. Just read the article, what an idiot!

8. To be honest, apart from the helicopter, I've been to a few parties like that in my youth. Non-Story.

(Let he without sin etc etc: Does smashing up Squadron Bars and Berlin nightclubs come into this catagory?)

9. I'm sure the resident odd-ball tramp of Farnborough could be persuaded to do that. He spits at children on bicycles.

He should also have to spend a night alone with that whoa-man friend of his. Bleurgh!

10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Plod are salaried. Maybe they mean the revenue lost from not being able to issue speeding tickets and on the spot fines for littering....

11. The only difference between this lad and most of us when we were young is that we didn't have Facebook to promote such parties! Oh, and the stupid chav language.

12. Yeah, he only planned for 100-150 people and 250 rocked up. He cant have had nearly enough sausage rolls. No wonder there was a riot.

Has there ever been a year in living history that there wasnt a story about teen-party getting out of control? Only refreshed now because of the facebook angle. Backtrack to the 1920s and sure there is a story of a boat house trashed by straw hat wearing ruffians after cads hear about tea party via telephone...

13. What are the policing costs for a load of drunk 'adults' in a typical town centre on a weekend?

I think the police were probably happier playing with some drunk teens rather than getting bottled by a load of ratarrsed grown-ups.

People that complain were just piissed off because they weren't invited. :lol:

14. Helicopters and police cars cost a bit though. Might have been extra fuzz brought in to stem the flow of white lightning and Strongbow :)