Teen admits firecracker caused him to lose hand, leg

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Chimurenga, Jan 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Copied and pasted from today's PIttsburgh Post-Gazette

"Police say a Westmoreland County boy who lost his right hand and leg in an explosion has acknowledged playing with a powerful firework and was not targeted or threatened as he first told police.

Latrobe police say the 17-year-old boy was playing with a large firecracker like an M-80 in his grandmother's house Jan. 10.

The boy kept lighting and extinguishing the fuse and, when it wouldn't go out, he put the firework between his thighs and covered it with his right hand in hopes of muffling the explosion, police said.

The boy remains in a Pittsburgh hospital with severe injuries to his left leg.

Police say the boy first told them the explosive blew up in a backpack after he was the target of threats from unknown people."
  2. Darwin award me thinks.
  3. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Don't you have to die first?

This guy's just a muppet. Well, an American...
  4. I have no pyrotechnics in my possession....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS No, you're right - I don't have any sympathy for the tw*t. It should be common sense to treat things that go bang with a bit of respect. He didn't - it bit him.
  5. Nope, just remove yourself from the gene pool. Sounds as if this particular blow job could have done the trick...
  6. I had a second cousin who blew two of his fingers off when he thought he was lighting a firecracker. :roll:

We had our own name for him.
  7. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Ah yes, I remember. They didn't specify which of his three legs it was, so potentially he could have qualified for a nomination.
  8. Turns out it was a pipe bomb...... :roll:
  9. No, not this time. :wink:

His father was a stonemason and kept explosives in his work shed.
  10. What was that song "took the words right out of my mouth" Hope it hurt really really bad
  11. What? like '8 fingers Doyle' or 'that stupid fcuking t!t with the missing fingers'?
  12. No: a bloke won a Darwin after castrating himself by ND'ing a 9mm into his groin. :twisted:
  13. More like the latter. But thing is, the girls loved him. :roll:
  14. So being a member of the IRA with 8 fingers is a big bird puller then
  15. I'm sure there are a few of them out there, quite few lost fingers early on in the troubles due to bad practices and lack of training.

My heart bleed purple p1sh...... :twisted: