Tedious Moderators

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Counter-Bluffer-Ops, Jan 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having just seen a thread closed down (racially abused soldier wins £22K etc"), a thread that may have contained some crap but was not vitriolic or abusive, I wonder if the moderators role has now been expanded to include shutting off any discussion that does not accord with their view of the world?
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I am afraid that cpunk regluates on whether he personally agrees with the subject matter. It is immaterial if the topic is valid and current. If he disagrees - to the hole where he can't be criticised for his actions.

That is why I expect this thread to disappear shortly.
  3. It is their train set, therefore it's their rules.
  4. No its not.

They are supposed to ensure that the site rules are applied.

Lately a few MODS have been closing threads down simply becuse they felt they were dull or boring / been done before. Even though the thread was active with some debate (in amongst the mongs posting the usual dribble)
  5. CPunk bins anything that might upset ethnics.
  6. Sounds to me like the mods are being forced to buy into the PC bollox of the government, lest the site be sorted out by the men in black.

This is just a way of the government covertly censoring discussion forums, that may challenge their party line.

So let's not discuss an emotive point. Flower arranging anyone?

Well done mods. I'm sure Gordy will be proud of you.
  7. I moderate on another website and it is diffcult to know where to draw the line sometimes.

The site that I mod has gone from being the sort of place that if you were a cnut some one would tell you just that.

As time has gone on the site has grown quite considerably. We now get people looking in from all walks of life; from the Sex Pests thru to the Holy Rollers.
    It is because of comments from the Holier than Thou brigade that we now have to remove all traces of "fun", "happiness" and "enjoyment"

We are a poorer website because of it but that is what our current members want - the **7^%8%$ :lol:
  8. He has a point, far too many honkies on the site at the minute
  9. I did not comment on that thread, but was interested in the posts of those that did. I can't remember anything abusive being posted. It seems overly judgemental if it was pulled because it was boring, and ludicrous if it was pulled because it might offend.

And I agree that MODs are there to ensure that the rules of the site are adhered to and I accept that. But if threads are being pulled because MODs do not agree with the content, then it's a sad day for this site.
  10. Don't be soft..... have a fight.
  11. No, no, Fally, you've got it all wrong: according to Cpunk, it's all OUR fault for being such nasty, racist bullies... :roll:
  12. There is no freedom of speech in an internet site because you're not speaking. You're writing and the website owners are publishing it. Anything that libels an individual or organisation can be actioned against the site owners regardless of whether they agree, approve or even noticed.

If you don't like it, leave and start your own website. Then feel the law breathe down your neck as mouth-breathers crayon all over it whenever the same few pro-words are mentioned.
  13. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

14. It's a shame the thread got binned, I was really enjoying posting on it and 95% of the posts were sensible. Presumably Cpunk will delete the small number of posts that were unacceptable and re-instate the rest of the thread? After all, there's no point rubbishing an entire thread because of a few posts that could easily be deleted.
  15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

It appears that it was nothing to do with comments that should be banned, rather it was because:

So it appears it was 'holed' because cpunk did not like it therefore as He has decided then that is it.