Ted Kennedy to get Knighthood

Just looked to see, and so far only 167 signatures.

At least, whoever started the petition, stipulated ENDEX as 06 March 2010 . . . so another twelve months to encourage more signatures.

THIS insults those who lost their lives in NI in the 70's and 80's, always did always WILL.

Very short sighted again Broon! Or were you hoping they would offer YOU a Purple Heart . . . .

CharlieBubbles said:
THIS insults those who lost their lives in NI in the 70's and 80's, always did always WILL.

Very short sighted again Broon! Or were you hoping they would offer YOU a Purple Heart . . . .
Of course he is, did you really need to ask?

It won't happen, of course, but I'm eagerly waiting for the statement from No10; why , why oh fucking why did that silly shit Brown think that Kennedy was a suitable recipient of an honour of any kind whatsoever?

I mean, for God's sake, just look at all the ********* and yes-men that New Labour have stuffed the Lords with; pointless, slack-jawed people better utilised in a Citizens Advice Bureau - making the tea, mostly.

And the 'Sirs'? Bankers.

I just want a rational explanation, and this might be the way of getting it (but I'm not holding my breath; it's the sort of task that the PR office junior will get: "Oy, Scargill-Thatcher, write up the Boss's rationale for the Kennedy knighthood, you little oik, and make it good. I want to be driven to oceans of tears about his devotion to the Rights of Man, and particularly Provisional Man, do you hear? Oceans, love."

Signed.

Wija

LE
Chaps and Chapettes.... get this petition filled. This waste of Oxygen should get nothing from Great Britain. The man has for 30 years suported Republican terrorists in N.I.

doc80905

War Hero
Done. I really think Cyclops has lost the plot now. Is there no way we could get him sectioned before he fecks up the country any more than he has already?

MacSapper

War Hero
I'm fkin surprised at the lack of either, knowledge or interest in Mr T Kennedy.
That Clan of "Oh don't they look great for our country, *USA/Ireland* are in a cludgie of people like the Bush's or of that ilk that rule USA.

I think that if JFK didn't get the bullet that we would have been really fighting US troops NI,
Many folk in the US supplied the money/assets/routes/weapons/technology to take the fight in a covert way to Britain/Germany through the support and fund raisers to push /fight?/bomb UK into submission.

I met Senator Kenneddy at GortMullin Bridge as I was Installing a drop Arm Barrier and he got out of the motor with camera crew with the Verbal " Why are you stopping me coming into my country"
"Fk all to to do with me mate " I replied and a LI Cpl put him right "If you dont like the UK well FK off back to the USA then.
Simple but classic
Ooo that made the news.

MacSapper said:
I'm fkin surprised at the lack of either, knowledge or interest in Mr T Kennedy.
That Clan of "Oh don't they look great for our country, *USA/Ireland* are in a cludgie of people like the Bush's or of that ilk that rule USA.

I think that if JFK didn't get the bullet that we would have been really fighting US troops NI,
Many folk in the US supplied the money/assets/routes/weapons/technology to take the fight in a covert way to Britain/Germany through the support and fund raisers to push /fight?/bomb UK into submission.

I met Senator Kenneddy at GortMullin Bridge as I was Installing a drop Arm Barrier and he got out of the motor with camera crew with the Verbal " Why are you stopping me coming into my country"
"Fk all to to do with me mate " I replied and a LI Cpl put him right "If you dont like the UK well FK off back to the USA then.
Simple but classic
Ooo that made the news.
Are you a Romulan?

MacSapper

War Hero
Are you a Romulan?[/quote]

No I was never posted there, I'm jist an old Sapper with a heavy heart.

OPPO

War Hero
Signed by OPPO and Mrs OPPO. Passed on to the rest.

Waste of fcuking space, uselss ba5tard Broon and his Yank ball-washing idea! It's like pinning the tail on the donkey, or in this case the Sir on the arssehole!!!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I have to admit I was a bit baffled by the news here about him getting a knighthood. I don't get the whole kennedy thing.

Ultimately these people got their name and money for illegal booze running during the depression. They were criminals that somehow are now equated with royalty.

The world is a disturbing place.

Kennedy is dying and consequently is attracting a sympathy vote from the majority of Democrats

Even the Republicans are reluctant to be seen criticising Kennedy as he battles his illness.

The offer of an honoury knighthood was a calculaed move to exploit the mood of the democrats on a subject that the Republicans couldn't object to. If Kennedy wasn't ill there would have been uproar from the Republicans. The move ensured Brown's speech would be well recieved

A very cynical piece of political manoeuvering. Fortunately, Kennedy is unlikely to ever pick up his gong from HRH.

Guess you don't always get to choose your relatives but I thought the Kennedys reached a new low when the neice of Ted Kennedy married Paul Hill the (allegedly innocent) Guildford and Woolwich bomber who was also allegedly innocent of the murder of ex-soldier Brian Shaw.

Why not? After all they made Mandelson a Lord

Latest Threads