Ted Kennedy to get Knighthood

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by exile1, Mar 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Reported in the daily wail.... WTF for?
  2. For standing up for the rights of those poor Irish republicans being oppressed by us. I like it; it's like giving Martin McGuinness a MBE for services to peace and unity (which I wouldn't put past some of our politicians).
  3. Hopefully the shock will kill him.
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Outrageous. Even if it is honourary.

Get the wagon...
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

6. Yet again brings the whole process into question. I would love to see the boss rejecting a to**er like this from the list.
  7. So we're giving awards to unrepentant killers now are we?
  8. Services to driving and diving?
  9. I think we may be about to find out exactly how much influence the Queen has in this country.

Namely none.

The PM gives her the paper to sign. She signs and the PM says thank you Maam, smiles, turns and skips to his car.
    Anyone know if he has to bow at any time during this farcical meeting?
  10. I`m ****ing disgusted with this. I think this is a great example of the contempt brown has for his own countrymen. Why is he toadying up to one the the most odious cretins ever to have ' graced ' U.S. politics ffs.
    If Brown is going to honour people like Kennedy that supported the IRA during it`s years of terror, perhaps he should also give one to Gaddaffi.
  11. Fcuking reptile Kennedy...... Brown is trying to make friends in the US and this clearly is an attempt to crawl up some other arse....