Ted Heath Funeral

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by labrat, Jul 25, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why hasnt President Tony attended the Funeral?

Bloody disgrace that the current PM has not attended, when all the previous others are there - shocking snub to a great leader, who also saw active service in HMF.

perhaps if a few more politicians had followed suit, this country wouldnt be the bloody mess it is now!

k

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The only reason to go would be to make sure that the b@stard's really dead, IMHO.

3. Replies edited and deleted.

Guys, whatever your thoughts on the stewardship of Heath , he's dead, it's his funeral today. So can we just have a modicum of respect for his war service if nothing else today?

Regards

PTP

4. Whatever you thought of his politics, I think on this, of all websites, he ought to be bidden a respectful farewell.

[align=center]Lieutenant Colonel Sir Edward Heath RA Mention in Dispatches
    1916 - 2005[/align]

5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Ok PTP - for his war service only, not the 'man'.
    However what I wrote earlier was neither illegal, libellous nor untrue.
    I stand by it 100%

(Not that keen on his policies or honour but that had nothing to do with it.)

6. And, for balance, can anyone contribute obits of those with war service also buried today who did not take Ted's path to fame?.

7. No, but please don't let us stop you, whiffler.....

8. I have to agree with whiffler......better men than heath are being buried today and it's about time we collectively stopped tugging the forelock to self-agrandising politicians and 'celebs'.

9. Quite like his earlier honour and politics. Fair play for the war record, MiD and MBE(Mil):

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,60-1698665_1,00.html