Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Technology Hates Me

There used to be a woman who worked with me about 10 years ago who had an anti technology field. She wasn't bad with equipment, it was that electronic stuff would die around her at a rate much higher than anyone else around her.

It got to the point where her coworkers would get her printouts for her from the main printer to prevent her going near it, and she was banned from the workshop in fear that she would bugger up customer cars.

I've never worked with anyone like her since.

Jonah Electronica

I can let you have one of these but don't tell anyone as they're secret latest technology not on the market yet.
DSCF8306_zpsxbd4waqe.jpg

I grew up on Apple, learning pcs was a byproduct of Macs being limited for games

Steam is handy, however certain games just won’t fucccccccccking work despite meeting the required system criteria

Which is nice when you just shelled out 20-30 notes for something you can’t feckkking play

Don’t get me started on iTunes podcasts downloaded yet unable to play

Grrrrrrrrrrr

To be fair to steam they do have a fairly decent refund system, for games that wont run. cant have used it for more than 2 hours which if it wont run, is probable and has to be within a month I think. left click on the support tab in the games library page.

To be fair to steam they do have a fairly decent refund system, for games that wont run. cant have used it for more than 2 hours which if it wont run, is probable and has to be within a month I think. left click on the support tab in the games library page.
I think if you've played for less than 2 hours you are automatically given a refund, after that point you can apply for a refund and might get one after a human makes a decision.

I think if you've played for less than 2 hours you are automatically given a refund, after that point you can apply for a refund and might get one after a human makes a decision.

Perhaps I have not played past 2 hours if I am trying to get a game to run that wont.

There used to be a woman who worked with me about 10 years ago who had an anti technology field. She wasn't bad with equipment, it was that electronic stuff would die around her at a rate much higher than anyone else around her.

It got to the point where her coworkers would get her printouts for her from the main printer to prevent her going near it, and she was banned from the workshop in fear that she would bugger up customer cars.

Synthetic materials, nylon knickers etc. Shocking. Sounds like she needed taking down to earth. ESD wrist or ankle strap might have helped.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
How do I uninstall a steam game?

It used to be straight forward for games as there was an uninstall option. I can’t seem to find that anymore.

To remove anything from your PC you should use the control panel mate.

Type in >control panel< (not the little arrows) and scroll around until you see >programmes and features< there you should see all the games and other programmes that you've added your PC.

Find what you want to delete, right click on it and choose the delete option. Depending on the size of the game it can take a couple of minutes.

That's it mate. You'll see loads of old shite you don't need or use anymore, delete them one at a time. It'll free up a lot of space.

....uummmm @dingerr , i think that day when you saw that blinding light and everything went fuzzy was the day to realise technology hated you ;-)

I could handle that. I have dealt with about 100 of them. Just couldn’t get to this one in time.

My wife has the same problem. I have an old Samsung smart phone and a bluetooth speaker that I use for internet radio and as a sort of minicomputer/web surfer in the garden. If we have it playing, sometimes for hours at a time, but I then leave the garden to go into the house or the shop or whatever, it loses its connection and goes off. "It just went off when you went inside." Same with Netflix, the heating system or anything with a processor. Her middle initials are EM and I tell her she is my little electromagnetic field generator (She loves that: Not!)

Her favourite phrase is rapidly becoming, "Bloody shit technology!"

My wife has the same problem. I have an old Samsung smart phone and a bluetooth speaker that I use for internet radio and as a sort of minicomputer/web surfer in the garden. If we have it playing, sometimes for hours at a time, but I then leave the garden to go into the house or the shop or whatever, it loses its connection and goes off. "It just went off when you went inside." Same with Netflix, the heating system or anything with a processor. Her middle initials are EM and I tell her she is my little electromagnetic field generator (She loves that: Not!)

Her favourite phrase is rapidly becoming, "Bloody shit technology!"
Hmm.. Perhaps there is more to this than science can currently explain.

Well, there's your problem right there, Chief.

You have to get very up close and personal to IEDs, I used to talk to them. I never expected the last one to answer back though.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I could handle that. I have dealt with about 100 of them. Just couldn’t get to this one in time.
ah so your body objected to your having had too many biscuits.

You have to get very up close and personal to IEDs, I used to talk to them. I never expected the last one to answer back though.

I know.....just like teenagers......say one wrong thing like I'm just going to feel you up and they go off on one..

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Im more of a Ginsters tubby.

Ah so that was the problem - delerium and hunger due to having the suit on too long that day, did the van not notice when you asked for ketchup just before you complained that your pie had exploded?

Ah so that was the problem - delerium and hunger due to having the suit on too long that day, did the van not notice when you asked for ketchup just before you complained that your pie had exploded?
No EOD suit in Afghanistan.