Technical Selection Test At ADSC

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Yarco, Feb 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, Ive got my selection next week and ive noticed that as I am hoping to join the Royal engineers I will be expected to participate in a 'Technical Selection Test' could anyone please tell me what this invloves??

2. it is a math paper test based on

Best thing to do is to buy a GCSE revision book and brush up.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. aha! I see thanks alot mate!!
  4. It's nothing to worry about but a good flick through an old GCSE book always helps. :)
  5. Mind how you allocate your time, note that the questions get harder the further you get so don't leave 5 mins for the last page!
  6. Not to put you off, but a few people got deferred for failing that test, they have to go back and re-do it. So brushing up is a brilliant idea, even if you all ready think your good with math, always good to practice.
  7. Does it depend which regiment your going in to take the Technical Selection Test or does everybody do it?
  8. No theres a number of CEG's (jobs) that require you to do the TST mainly in the RE, REME,Sigs etc but the score you require is based on how much technical work you need to do at phase 2.
    Most of the Combat jobs dont require you to do the TST at ADSC, your recruiter will advise you on how much you need to get. Its worth basing your three job preferences with your third job that doesnt need a TST or requires a low score (but still a job youd like to do).
  9. Mine was how many bricks could you hold in one hand and still grab another.

Passed with an awsome 2 :wink:
  10. Is that when you were throwing them at the dinosaurs :wink: