tech to pilot?

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Mossy, Jan 27, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is it known for air or avionics techs to become pilots?
  2. It has been done in the past, to my knowledge.
  3. What sort of person flies an aircraft who know exactly how easily it could fall out the sky ?
  4. One who carries out an appreciation of risk v likelihood, then checks his bank balance for an inordinate amount of cash inserted each month.
  5. There are quite a few techs who have become pilots, some of them are extremely good and a pleasure to work with, however some of them are complete sh*ts and think they know everything.
    Still most of them don't disintergrate their squirrel training cab!! Most of them don't!!!!!!! By the way it was a blackie not a greenie!
  6. Mossy, for latest info contact 7Bn REME test pilots (they are AAC now!), they will give you the best info going. Many REME's have completed the pilots course both blackie's and greenie's. Number from MOD enquiries. Good luck. Ray would be a good point of contact. :biggrin:
  7. Haha,

Soon all REME Greenies and Blackies will be AAC!

Mark my words. I have heard it whispered in the dark corners, in the ear, in the inner rooms!

8. Oh by the way by "soon" read "next 55 years"
  9. would a tech first have to get a commission?
  10. I take it you mean "Have" instead of "Half" you oik?
  11. Oik??? very original!!!
  12. No commission required. Most guys I know went across as full screws or stripeys.
    By the way bollocky, I reckon that would be a spnkingly good idea- at least we might be able to get you squawks to listen to us once in a while and actually keep us in the loop.
    On second thoughts that would be helpful so completely unlikely to happen!
  13. How did you edit this without it showing?

Thats a skill, you can be a pilot anyday!!! :thumright:
  14. i got an option to ediy my own messages presumably because I started the thread :sweatdrop:
  15. Lots have jumped ship mate ....god knows why......But i bet many wished they'ed stayed where they were!!!!!!!! :headbang: