Tech Storeman

Discussion in 'REME' started by ToffeeWrapper, Sep 30, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ello,

Thinking of re-enlisting after I return from reserve service on Op Telic 5 and am currently thinking about Tech Storeman in the REME (I enjoyed doing resources work in the RE but have no desire to be a wedge 'ead again). Don't fancy the Rather Large Corps so just wondering if any of you fine chaps can give me a run down on whether Tech Stores in your Corps is something worth doing?

Oh and BTW, what's the score with driving in the REME? Is it a requirement for every trade and part of Phase 2?

Cheers in advance :)

2. Tech Storeman REME is quite a good choice. High payband from L/Cpl to Sgt, promoton to Sgt is quick if your in the right places and prove yourself. Postings are good, Uk, NI, Germany, Canada, Cyprus, Brunie. Only problem is a load of RS have just transferred into the trade

3. Driving license comes as standard my man...cat C.

just cos u need to drive the tech stores truck :lol:

4. How is RS transfering to the role a problem????? For a start we've been doind the SQMS jobs for donkeys years, and with the abolishment of the trade, the job has been opened to over 50 more sgt/ssgt posts. How can you complain about that???? It means tall the mongs that would've been sat at sgt or cpl for god knows how long, will get a chance to try and get something worthwhile out of their career other than a P45!!!!!!! How can you begrudge that??????