Tech Re-Trading

You may of joined up to fix the kit, but across the corp its going to be the same old story of you cant touch it.

In 5 years when the contracts run out, and all the techs have fcuked off to civvy street cos they didnt have jobs to, itll be a repeat of the whole 'Lets give them their Lcpl out of training because we need techs to fix the kit now'.

Itll be the whole clansman/ptarmigan/sat comms all over again. Techs get made redundent for a few years, doing paperwork, then when the contracts finish, its the techs who are needed to fix it. The techs have all left because there was no work to do...thus the broken kit never gets fixed, people deploy on ops with knackered kit, and the cycle goes back to its perfect harmony which all soldiers of the royal signals have experienced since clansman first came in...

At this point in computering advances etc etc... the furthest youll get is now changing boards...which is all the civvys do anyway (or so im told) because its computer manufactured and deemed too finicky for a human.

Anyway rant over...

I'm not saying Tech is a bad thing or even the Signals. I've done it for a while, been involved in some good stuff met some really ace people but it's starting to bore me. It's been alright til now because i've been lucky enough to get good posts but I'm in a bog standard Sigs unit now and quite frankly it's boring the hell out of me, it's not my sort of thing.

I don't mind losing rank or even pay for that matter. If you lose rank does pay go down to increment level 1 of your new rank?

Why not wait unti you you get out of the bog standard unit and back in to the good posts?

It may affect your promotion ( as you wont be an all rounder) but that shouldn't be a problem if you are willing to drop ranks to retrade.

There is definitely no dramas with Class 1 techs rebadging / retrading.

I know of several, a couple to the Int Corps as Op MI's and a few have gone the Helo pilot route.

If you want a bit of teching to get your teeth in to, you might want want to think of looking for a posting to a Systems Support Team.

bowmanator

Swinger
Why not try and join the RAF and become a Loady. One of the lads I know at my current unit has just managed it, after 18 months of interviews, exams and generally upsetting people about moving across to the dark side.

the_guru said:
If you want a bit of teching to get your teeth in to, you might want want to think of looking for a posting to a Systems Support Team.
Remember the pre-requisites for posting to SST. You have to be a virgin on the system. Then just when you're starting to get your teeth into it you'll move elsewhere. Genius.

PoisonDwarf said:
the_guru said:
Remember the pre-requisites for posting to SST. You have to be a virgin on the system. Then just when you're starting to get your teeth into it you'll move elsewhere. Genius.
Not in the old days mate !

Alternativly...

Become an Instal tech!! ^^

Why don't you try something 'challenging' (nudge nudge) that's not 18?

Latest Threads