Tech jclm pt1

Discussion in 'REME' started by TC1989, Feb 20, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey im looking for some advice im currently a LCpl REME Tech, i have been since june 2011 i have been on tour and many ex etc and am now on my 2nd posting i know that recently the timed promotion of techs has been binned but there seems to be some confusion as to when its possible to promote or attend a jclm course pt 1.

As it stands im waiting on my 2nd sjar which should reccomend me for promotion to Cpl (for the first time) and in antcipation of this my new unit have bid and loadded me on to JCLM pt 1 this september.

I have heard various rumours that im now overdue and should have been on jclm ages ago and then just days later that no im not over due in fact im doing it too early as i have not been LCpl for 2 years until june this year

Can any one shed some light on this situation as i dont fancy doing JCLM again if its only valid for 12 months and i dont get promoted as currently expeceted

Thanks a lot
    TC.

2. As you say, tech promotion is no longer timed and as such am unsure as to why someone would advise you that you are now overdue. You will be boarded and will be promoted once you are within the promotion criteria (score high enough against your peers on a board taking into consideration, score from reports and time served).
    I am unaware of JCLM only being valid for 12 months (but am willing to be corrected if someone knows for a fact that this is the case) so my advice would be, get on course, do well and increase your chances of promotion by coming near the top.
    If in doubt, don't listen to guys on the shopfloor, speak to your Tiffy (so he can ask the appropriate people) or the RCMO

3. Famous last words....