• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Tebbit Slams Derry And McGuinness

If you read the article, you'll note that Tebbit picks out murals in NI which he considers glorify both republican and loyalist terrorism.

For someone whose wife was left permanently paralysed by IRA terrorism, and who still suffers himself from the injuries he received, I think he was remarkably restrained.

Alas our friends Bugsy and India, sticking up for their old buddies Martin and Gerry. Unfortunately you can spout your rants on here about poor Gerry and Martin being not being involved in the murder of anyone, and no-way being involved in any terrorist activities, but fortunately most people on this site know better than you two, oh and please do not use the old "well they have never been found guilty of murder". The person who pulls the trigger is not the only murderer, but you know that already chaps.

Back sort off onto the thread, Londonderry was/still is a breeding place for terrorists, why don't we just blow the Floye bridge, and good riddance to the bog side

PS Why on Gods earth are you using Cromwell as an example, ffs we live in the 21st century Kn0b.

ducati916 said:
Alas our friends Bugsy and India, sticking up for their old buddies Martin and Gerry. Unfortunately you can spout your rants on here about poor Gerry and Martin being not being involved in the murder of anyone, and no-way being involved in any terrorist activities, but fortunately most people on this site know better than you two, oh and please do not use the old "well they have never been found guilty of murder". The person who pulls the trigger is not the only murderer, but you know that already chaps.

Back sort off onto the thread, Londonderry was/still is a breeding place for terrorists, why don't we just blow the Floye bridge, and good riddance to the bog side

PS Why on Gods earth are you using Cromwell as an example, ffs we live in the 21st century Kn0b.
My old buddies Martin & Gerry, You W****K. You are a racist biggot who should be removed from arrse.

Bugsy7 said:
And anyway, I can't say that I've ever heard Martin McGuinness or Gerry Adams speak out in favour of terrorism, but I suppose that depends on your point of view.MsG
Your point of view is a full 180 degrees from accurate.

ducati916 said:
Struck a cord have I
How dare you suggest that I am in leap with Adams & Mcguinness. I started this whole forum asking can one blame a city for Glorified Terrorism. Your rascist comments to bugsy are not warrented. If I were bugsy I would put in a complaint to Arrse.

And do you really think that by coming on ARRSE implying that Mcguiness and Adams have had nothing to do with terrorism because there has been no convictions for murder really stands.
Please complain about me, because I could'nt really give a fcuk, btw were you bullied at school. As for calling me racist bigot, I must be, because you are right about everything are'nt you.

agoodgrouping said:
McGuinness boasted at being the first person to open fire on Bloody Sunday. Adams was nowhere near bus stations early on Bloody Friday....... They have never been convicted because they have ruled their communities by fear - anyone making a statement is slotted. Ask the McCartney sisters if anything has changed.
So Martin NcGuinness boasted at being the first person to open fire on Bloody Sunday? I hope you've got an official quote for that and not just a "Ah, c,mon, Bugsy, everybody knows that".

The same goes for Gerry Adams. Where's your proof? Put up of shut up!
agoodgrouping said:
If Ahern is keen to show solidarity with those who bank roll his country (EU & US) I assume he will extradite the three Chilean bomb teaching desperados currently residing in the Free State for trial ? Probably not, they can ive freely with Slab, Ferris and numerous others in total freedom.
If you do a search, you'll know why these three are not about to be deported to Chile. It's all about a little thing you'll hardly know anything of, but is called democracy.

Try buffing up on the subject! I'm sure it'll change your whole way of thinking, stronzo! :D :D :D

MsG

ducati916 said:
And do you really think that by coming on ARRSE implying that Mcguiness and Adams have had nothing to do with terrorism because there has been no convictions for murder really stands.
Please complain about me, because I could'nt really give a fcuk, btw were you bullied at school. As for calling me racist bigot, I must be, because you are right about everything are'nt you.
Whats this racist comment you made to Bugsy7 in a previous post on this subject "Stop baiting you thick southern Irish troll"

What can I say!!!

india-juliet said:
ducati916 said:
Whats this racist comment you made to Bugsy7 in a previous post on this subject "Stop baiting you thick southern Irish troll"

What can I say!!!
Also thicko, Read my original forum post. Where did I say McGuinnes & Adams had nothing to do with Terrorism. I actually quoted point taken on the Mcguinness but Adams was nowhere to be mentioned in the first posting on this forum. Should have gone to Specsavers!!!

OldRedCap said:
Bugsy7 said:
And anyway, I can't say that I've ever heard Martin McGuinness or Gerry Adams speak out in favour of terrorism, but I suppose that depends on your point of view.MsG
Your point of view is a full 180 degrees from accurate.
But I noticed that you neglected to provide any proof! :D :D :D

Nuff sedd!

MsG

JRHartley said:
that would be found half way down this page then?

From the horses mouth
Even though I read that a number of times, I still probably missed the part where he actually "glorified terrorism", so if you'd like to enlighten me, JRHartley!

MsG

So by giving a statement to the Derry media of 'being a member a terrorist organisation and being proud of it' doesn't glorify terrorism in the eyes of the young impressionable kids in 1973 Derry? what exactly qualifies 'glorification' in your book then?

RUCFOREVER said:
Plus referring to every IRA scumbag ,murderer as heroes?Especially dead ones.(the only good ones)
Aah, just what was needed on this thread, RUCFOREVER, a truly unbiased and unprejudiced view! Well done that man or woman!

Of course, as always, without any shred of solid evidence, but there you go! :D :D :D

MsG

Yes I am biased ,agains terrorists ,they have tried to kill me seven times over 26 years service,my family and I have been forced to move house twice ,once due to loyalists and once due to PIRA FIVE years after the ceasefire,as I said the only good terrorist is a dead one,no matter what persuasion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrorists – and Freedom Fighters?

by Patrick J. Buchanan
Between 1971 and 1973, he was commander of the Derry Brigade of the Provisional IRA, which fought gun battles with British soldiers in a war that would cost 320 lives.

Arrested in Donegal near a car loaded with 5,000 rounds of ammunition and 250 pounds of explosives, he was sentenced to six months by a court whose jurisdiction he denied, "I am a member of the Derry Brigade of the (IRA) and am very, very proud of it."

A Londonderry official called him "a cold-blooded ruthless terrorist (who) will weigh up the consequences of his actions only in terms of benefit to the IRA, regardless of the cost in human lives." Another said he was a "fanatic ... responsible for mass murder."

He himself has spoken of the "legal and moral right of the IRA to kill a British soldier at any time," and was once quoted: "Freedom can be gained only at the point of an IRA rifle, and I apologize to no one for saying that we support the freedom fighters of the IRA." He is Martin McGuinness. And the same March 13 New York Times that carries the picture of millions of Spaniards protesting the murderous terror attack on the Madrid trains has a photo of McGuinness chatting amiably with John Kerry before McGuinness spoke at Harvard. Is it then true that "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter"? After all, many Irish consider McGuinness and his Sinn Fein comrade Gerry Adams, whom Bill Clinton invited to the White House for St. Patrick's Day, as freedom fighters in the tradition of the "martyrs" of the "Easter Rising" of 1916, celebrated by the poet W. B. Yeats.

Plus I have been on duty at some of those funerals where he described them as "heroes"first hand knowledge.

Bugsy7,

You are coat-trailing to a very large extent, and unwisely. Bear in mind that many of the people on here will have served in N.I. at a time when Messrs. McGuiness and Adams and their fellow members of the PIRA were wreaking merry havoc on the people of N.I. in general, and the RUC and British Army in particular; we'll leave aside their 'lesser' activities south of the border for now. Many of those on here with N.I. experience will have seen friends and colleagues murdered by the PIRA (or been attacked or injured themselves), an organistion which was (and still is) terrorist, and, on a point of accuracy, illegal both in the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland and the wider UK (not to mention numerous states abroad). Adams and McGuiness were - if one is to believe their wordspeak - up unitil recently, active members of the PIRA, most particularly McGuiness, who sat on the 'Army Council'. Adams was interned for his PIRA membership and activities, and McGuiness was by his own admission the one-time 'commander' of the PIRA's Derry 'Brigade'. Widowed mother of ten Jean McConville was abducted and mudered in 1972 (for having the audacity to comfort a dying British soldier) by the PIRA Belfast 'Brigade', which Adams commanded.

Both men have regularly refused to condemn PIRA murders and bombings, and have publicly carried the coffins of dead 'volunteers', many of whom were responsible for terrorist outrages. By the mere fact of being members of a terrorist organistion they are by that action alone (even leaving aside their actual activities) 'glorifying terrorism'; this is compounded by their repeated refusals to condemn the activities of the PIRA, and to fudge and play with words when questioned. In proudly proclaiming his membership of 'Óglaigh na hÉireannn' (the 'official' designation that the PIRA gives itself), McGuiness is also in breach of Irish law, as this is the designation in law of the Irish Defence Forces, specifically the Army - in effect, he is challenging the authority and legitimacy of the Irish state, and could, if the Irish Government took the notion to do so, be charged with subversion and treason. The PIRA, at times when both men were members, has also engaged it what is still disgustingly called 'fundraising activities' south of the border, namely the Don Tidy and Ben Dunne kidnappings (in which Irish police and soldiers were killed), and numerous bank and post office raids (most recently that involving the murder of Garda Gerry McCabe, which Sinn Féin still refuses to condemn).

Getting back to the specific topic of this thread, I note that what Norman Tebbitt actually said was:

"What about the murals on the walls of Belfast and Londonderry which glorify both republican and loyalist terrorism?

"Would the creators of those murals be likely to be found guilty of glorifying terrorism? Would it make any difference to the likelihood of their prosecution and conviction?"
Therefore, he was not issuing a blanket condemnation of either Belfast or Londonderry. What he said was both factually correct and logical. [You will note that I here use the designation 'Londonderry'; I do this because this is the official name of the city, and has been since the London Companies put forward the monies for its establishment in the early 1600s; personally, as an Irishman I in no way feel diminished by this; I've always found the interminable Derry/Londonderry 'debate' inescapably tiresome, and embarrassing].

india-juliet does not need defending by me, but I would point out that it would be both wrong and unfair to group him/her (apologies i-j, I forget) in with Bugsy7's apparent defence of Adams and McGuiness (I say apparent, as I am leaving open the possibility that Bugsy7 has simply made a ropey point badly or is simply coat-trailing for the hell of it...).

Ironically, Adams and McGuiness are in the same boat as Hitler - all were arrested/imprisoned for comparatively 'minor' offences (in the overall scheme of their activities), but were/have not been called to account for other crimes. I have often heard it said that legallyit would have been difficult to try Hitler (that said, he'd still have hung, but think of the pantomime that is the Milosevic trial).

JRHartley said:
So by giving a statement to the Derry media of 'being a member a terrorist organisation and being proud of it' doesn't glorify terrorism in the eyes of the young impressionable kids in 1973 Derry? what exactly qualifies 'glorification' in your book then?
What qualifies as glorification in my book? How about sending off a murderous military machine to kill something in the region of 50,000 to 250,000 civilians and at the same time writing off about 2,500 Septic dead and around 20,000 seriously wounded, while subjecting people to inhuman torture? Or wriggling excitedly at the thought of war and accepting the tragic deaths of 103 UK military personnel and many thousands of others badly maimed without even a by your leave?

Take your pick - Mumble-bum Bush or Phoney Tony! Now that's what I call "glorification".

MsG