Tebbit Slams Derry And McGuinness

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by india-juliet, Mar 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. NORMAN TEBBIT, former top hatchet man in the Thatcher cabinet, has claimed both Derry city and one of its most famous sons - Sinn Fein's Martin McGuinness - have glorified terrorism.

Ok Norman, Point taken on McGuinness but can one blame a City for Glorified Terrorism?.

2. Have you got a link for this, india-juliet?

MsG

3. Cheers for the link, india-juliet.

I did notice that the "Chingford Skinhead" was very enthusiastic about invading Iraq and has never said a word about torlture or the way the Septics are conducting the war. But obviously he wouldn't class that as glorifying terrorism, would he?

Tebbit was always a second-rate politician in a team that was the absolute pits. And anyway, I can't say that I've ever heard Martin McGuinness or Gerry Adams speak out in favour of terrorism, but I suppose that depends on your point of view.

MsG

4. If I were Lynn Fleming, Mayor of Derry City. I'd sue he's arse for defermation!!

5. Bugsy wrote:

Are you for real or have you just awoke from a 30 year coma.

I really hope you are joking as I cant believe anyone would be as stupid to write such rubbish.

6. I just knew there'd be one and its you, Tazz!

You will notice that the operative word (or contraction in this case) is I've. So you're telling me, in all seriousness, that you know better than me what I've heard?
    I've also never heard Tebbit speak out in favour of terrorism, but he might have for all I know. :D

It's the perennial difficulty with communication: it's not what's said, but what's understood that causes the difficulties. :D :D :D

MsG

7. Oh Bugsy...

Go back to the bog, eat some potatoes and stop embarrassing other Irish posters with your word games on a not very funny topic.

Apologies to all Brits for Bugsy's shite.

Tricam.

8. I think Mr Tebbit is entitled to hit out at terrorists seeing as it was associates of Adams and McGuinness that crippled his wife.

You are trying to wind us up here arent you Bugsy ??

9. QED

You are not wrong there old Boy as I now think you really believe that most of the Army Council of PIRA don't support its aims

10. Stop baiting you thick troll, no offence to the other posters, but you always get one.
    Tebit and his good lady almost lost their lives due to these scum and if he wants to slag that sh1te hole of a so called city Londonderry then he can as far as I am concerned, and you coming up with that statement is just a slap in everyones face who were involved in the troubles one way or another, go drown in a bog.

Some comments removed by Bad CO

11. Ahem.

Where - precisely - is 'Derry'? Can't find anywhere in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland with that name?

And I'm standing-by for the PC brigade already, so bring it on...

12. Yes - you must mean LONDONDerry

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

13. I find it disingenuous in the extreme when some nonentity, second-rate prat like Tebbit accuses a whole city (in this case Derry) of glorifying terrorism, while conveniently forgetting complete * like Paisley, who really do preach (in the truest sense of the word) terrorism! As far as I can make out, Paisley has never been pulled up for his mindless and totally counterproductive utterings, but it seems that anything Martin or Gerry say is weighed out in gold. Why is that? Doesn't that tell us something?

Tebbit just wants to get back in the public's eye with his irrelevant and obscure rantings. We should realise that with a brief nod and then get back to the important issues of the day.

MsG

14. Although I do not particularly agree with Paisley, you cannot tar him with the same brush as those murdering scum Adams and Mcguiness. Paisley was not/is not a member of a loyalist terror group, same cannot be said about those 2 murdering scumbags you seem to be sticking up for. Bugsy * off to Uniform17 or where ever the * you came from.