• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Tears ofn the Sun

I thought the fire and movement was brilliant....as they fire whilst moving, and the static fire team just mong there in the long grass

Mr Happy

LE
WhiteHorse said:
Still it covers a subject that every one knows is happening and no one wants to do anything about, Africa...
Lord of War does it better, smarter and with more accuracy than TofS

I have no idea how the guy that directed Training Day (and I was living in the McArther Park/Rampart area of LA when that came out- it was spot on) could follow it up with this fcuking abortion.

Possible the worst film every. What the fcuk is that lap top thing that with out any antenna batteries etc can track the movement of infantry in real time in a jungle

Mr Happy

LE
Greengrass said:
Possible the worst film every. What the fcuk is that lap top thing that with out any antenna batteries etc can track the movement of infantry in real time in a jungle
Speaking personally I have two of those in the back of my motor... They get a sig of an IR satellite - cool gear. Try eBay if you want one.

Mr Happy

LE
no mate, just being funny. Not by IR satellite (they're used for weather and missile launch warnings). But the latest version of JStars can track by radar thousands of individuals as they move from hundreds of miles away. Which is a bit scary. Obviously it works better over open ground than jungle though...

Mr Happy said:
WhiteHorse said:
Still it covers a subject that every one knows is happening and no one wants to do anything about, Africa...
I havent seen that one, Nick Cage? Arms dealers etc? I was more refering to the brutality and the massacres. The only time people seem to care is when they are there and witness it for themselves.

WhiteHorse said:
Mr Happy said:
WhiteHorse said:
I havent seen that one, Nick Cage? Arms dealers etc? I was more refering to the brutality and the massacres. The only time people seem to care is when they are there and witness it for themselves.
Yeah, a pretty sound film- was actually surprised by it because I think Nick Cage is a shuddering hoop. One or two of my collegues have used it to introduce issues like the intl. small arms trade and the nefarious dealings of governments to our studes. For my money the most sobering part of the film (the epilogue, so as not to give the plot away) is a reminder to the audience that the five biggest arms exporting countries to the developing world are also the Permanent 5 members of the UN Security Council.

Can you say "conflict of interest"?

Mr Happy

LE
WhiteHorse said:
Mr Happy said:
WhiteHorse said:
thats the one, plenty of massacres shooting unarmed prisoners, kiddies running around with AK's getting zapped. Excellent movie, really IMnotsoHO his finest to date and well worth getting hold of. www.dvdboxoffice.com will send you a region 1 version p&p free for about 27.95 CAD / 13.50 GBP - I use them for all my purchases. Excellent.

Latest Threads