team exercises

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by simsky, Mar 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can they fail you just because you did not talk or input much in the team exercises?

2. No not at all, I'd have a word with my solicitor if I were you. Who do they think they are weeding out the freaks and weirdos who can't string a sentence together nor interact socially but want access to assault rifles.

3. Do you mean you never did any press ups?

4. Are you worried in advance or were you asleep in yours?

5. Worry in advance I guess. Wanted to do this so long, I don't want to fail. I passed all of my PT and 1.5 miles with flying colours. Just the team work I'm worry about.

6. Don't worry about it - just get involved and enjoy it.

7. What he said.....Enjoy it and don't make an arrse of yourself and all will be fine.

Seriously though, on my recruit selection we made a complete hash of both of the command tasks but showed enough enthusiasm and teamwork that there weren't any real criticisms from the selection staff.

They are not a pass/fail component in the literal sense but if anything significant shows up (like you're a shouting ego maniac) then I believe that this is passed back to your prospective unit for them to consider...Thats what I was told anyway.

Edited for crummy spelling/typos

8. Did you listen and apply accordingl, if so the extra couple of crates you slung the DS probably helped....

9. No need to worry now, I got a call from them this morning and they said I pass and will be excepted. I got over 90 at the BARB