TEACHING

Right this isn't a bite...has anyone gone into secondary school teaching? I know it receives a bad press a lot of the time but just wandering if any ex forces have gone that way and what their perception of it as a career is/was.

cheers.

Went to University on leaving the Army - started Teacher Training - they sent me on detachment for 3 weeks to a School in Bradford.

First day - young lad said "is that your car out there" yes I replied - good it will be fu&*ed when you see it next

Next Class - young lad "you a Christian" yes I replied - "well we Kill people like you"

Lasted 2 days

Now better off doing something else

GP3_Bunny said:
Went to University on leaving the Army - started Teacher Training - they sent me on detachment for 3 weeks to a School in Bradford.

First day - young lad said "is that your car out there" yes I replied - good it will be fu&*ed when you see it next

Next Class - young lad "you a Christian" yes I replied - "well we Kill people like you"

Lasted 2 days

Now better off doing something else
With attitudes like that we'll see them through our sights in 'stan in a few years.

Harry Maskers

I reccomend that you PM Abeaumont - an ex-officer who I believe is a secondary school teacher, and may be able to help.

The username above may be wrong - if it is check the "British Army Officers, what are you doing now?" thread in this forum. He posted quite early on.

Best of luck

Charlie