Teaching Resources

Recently I've been back and forth with a few different instructors about where we should be referencing information from to teach the cadets.
I've got my ideas on what I use, and that has generally worked, is there anything anyone else uses I should know about?
(I'm using the normal cadet issue Manuals plus a few of the infantry ones when it comes to progressive subjects and drill)

Cadet Training Pams(manuals) for the various subjects and Cadet Training Manual for drill...nothing else...the Regular Pams are for the Regular and Reserve forces only.

If you use anything outside of that then you aren’t teaching the correct content and it could end up being dangerous, remember the principles of CFIT?

Have you done JCIC yet, that ‘should’ tell you the above

Recently I've been back and forth with a few different instructors about where we should be referencing information from to teach the cadets.
I've got my ideas on what I use, and that has generally worked, is there anything anyone else uses I should know about?
(I'm using the normal cadet issue Manuals plus a few of the infantry ones when it comes to progressive subjects and drill)
Cadet training manual. Except first aid and nav where national organisation manuals are used.

You should not be using infantry pams for cadet training. Which ones are you using and why do you feel that they are useful? You could write it up and get the training manuals updated.

Cadet Training Pams(manuals) for the various subjects and Cadet Training Manual for drill...nothing else...the Regular Pams are for the Regular and Reserve forces only.

If you use anything outside of that then you aren’t teaching the correct content and it could end up being dangerous, remember the principles of CFIT?

Have you done JCIC yet, that ‘should’ tell you the above
After doing my SCIC, the cadet training team for my brigade suggested I use the infantry manuals to help progress when it came to platoon tactics.

Obviously with first aid and Navigation there are exceptions, as these are now mostly civilian qualifications.

For drill I've never seen the cadet training manual being used for it, every instructing course I've been on (JCIC, SCIC, CDI and my 4* drill cadre) ive been given/told to us copies of the all arms drill manual.

Any non-cadet manuals I use I ensure any training I do IS CFIT planned, and I only use this information to teach more senior cadets as I understand there can be risks when teaching these to younger, less experienced cadets. I'm

After doing my SCIC, the cadet training team for my brigade suggested I use the infantry manuals to help progress when it came to platoon tactics.

Obviously with first aid and Navigation there are exceptions, as these are now mostly civilian qualifications.

For drill I've never seen the cadet training manual being used for it, every instructing course I've been on (JCIC, SCIC, CDI and my 4* drill cadre) ive been given/told to us copies of the all arms drill manual.

Any non-cadet manuals I use I ensure any training I do IS CFIT planned, and I only use this information to teach more senior cadets as I understand there can be risks when teaching these to younger, less experienced cadets. I'm
Are you a cadet or cfav at present?

Talon

Old-Salt
The Drill Manual is fine to use (bar ground arms) for cadets, but the others you don't really need, unless you need to fill in some gaps from the cadet fieldcraft manuals - there are one or two things quite poorly explained.

so which instructors are you discussing this with?

and why are you instructing pl tactics?
Maybe I should have explained that bit further,
I'm discussing this with my SO(T) for the company and different detachment commanders. I'm in a competition as a platoon commander next week and doing my master cadet course in a few weeks time.

Senior Officer (Training)
Nah, Black Rat, but it's basically the same thing I'm assuming?

4th Infantry Brigade
I’ll check with a couple of my mates on that team if necessary...North or South Det?

@Ben_The_Cadet i know it can get frustrating, especially if you are soaring like you seem to be. The ds answer is use the training manual for cadet forces.

You could dip into higher manuals for background or extra insight but that information shouldn't be making it on to the lesson plan. Remember that you don't have the practical knowledge or formal instruction in that information.

I'd stick to doing the basics well.

I'd you're bored ask to instruct or assist in subjects other than fieldcraft. Map reading will allow you to really get your teeth into a subject.

I'm in the southern area of the brigade

I’ll check with a couple of my mates on that team if necessary...North or South Det?
@Tired_Tech Thank you for the suggestion. I've been looking at helping out with things like DofE and Expedition based activities, might have to put that into practice.
As for the higher manuals, unless its for drill or finding better ways to teach a lesson, it looks like they'll just be 'extra knowledge' for me.

Thanks everyone for the discussion/advice with this!