Teaching MATT 6 Values and Standards...

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Irish_Cream, Nov 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having been awarded this to teach rather soon, and been told to be Creative, what's the best ways you've seen or actually carried out yourself to make this rather condescending and boring lecture a bit more interesting and lively?

2. I always found instructors that just keep repeating them selves get boring really fast.

3. Try doing it bollock naked with a stiffy

4. Get shitfaced the night before, preferably at a Sqn/Regt piss-up. Then teach an audience with a hangover, while you have one yourself!

I ******* hate MATT 6 for it's tedious format, hate teaching it for it's lack of ever being changed from year to year and hate the kinds of ***** who say "you're teaching it, and be creative with it but I'm not going to give you the time or resources to facilitate your doing so". The other problem is, someone somewhere will need to keep the records of the stupid end of session tests on file to prove the MATT was completed.

How big is your audience? Small enough to split into groups for group discussion? Keen enough for a bit of role-play (stop sniggering at the back!)?