• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Teachers vote to strike

More pension wimpering.

Based on what those my other half has to mix with, they can afford to fund their own. If they quit and do a real job in the private sector they are in for a rude shock.

At least they can strike.

Odd how the government does seem to use the same tactics against every set that they disagree with.

Next they'll be leaking internal health checks to claim teachers are overweight.

How much pension do they have to pay, out of curiosity?

Teachers are slightly pissed off because the governent changed the deal on the pensions a few years ago saying it was now self funding *

* of course this is goverment so could just have been a lot of bollocks

Teachers are slightly pissed off because the governent changed the deal on the pensions a few years ago saying it was now self funding *

* of course this is goverment so could just have been a lot of bollocks
Harf number 2.

Course someone will be along in a moment to slag off the "money grabbing bastards!"

Whilst I have sympathy for the concept of kicking up a fuss in order to protect your own interests, the ill-informed, pointless and petty drama that surrounds these events is embarrassing.

They are not being 'attacked' and the strikes are not about 'justice' or 'fairness'. They're about making life difficult for the Government in an attempt to protect teachers' interests and ensure that somebody else loses out instead.

I would take them seriously if only they'd:

a) Change the rhetoric. Drop melodramatic words like 'attack', 'fight' and 'justice'.
b) Concede that the financial situation means somebody *has* to lose out.
c) Forget politics. Phrases such as "the nasty tories" are cringingly childish.

Latest Threads