Teachers to discuss backing Palestinians

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Adam(KOS), Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is this not going down the same rout of the other fracas re; the wearing of uniform and becoming anti forces / anti Jew?
    He said the union had raised concerns about an educational fact sheet, produced by the Ministry of Defence, on the war in Iraq which he said was "selective" about the information it presented.

He said: "It was a one-sided position and didn't deal with issues to do with the war's legality or any decisions about the war at the UN.

"What I don't want is for the MoD to be targeting young and vulnerable children... and placing misleading information before them."

The controversial motion, which also calls for the union to reaffirm existing policy to oppose the war in Iraq, comes 10 months after the UCU provoked global condemnation after its national conference decided to take steps towards a vote on introducing an academic boycott of Israeli universities.

Full article : http://education.guardian.co.uk/schools/story/0,,2264765,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=uknews
  2. With the anti-British propaganda peddled as facts being taught to students on a routine basis for decades,this comes as no surprise.

I hope MI5 are taking note of this,as this must be close to aiding the enemy .
    What's next?,motions seeking to justify Iran developing nuclear weapons?.
  3. Well what can you expect from the NUT? There's a reason they're refered to as the NUTters in the profession.
  4. Teachers, et al ought to remember just Who is paying their salaries!, the parents of the very children who,s fathers and brothers and in some cases mothers and sisters who are members of the Armed Forces and who fight to preserve their right to pursue their vocation without political interference. They need, like the Cobbler, to Stick to their Lasts, and simply teach the National Curiculum.
  5. We had a sociology teacher who spent every lesson talking about Marxism. People like that go into teaching so they can target "young and vulnerable" children.

He was a hippy though so no-one took any notice :)
  6. "Because that's our job."
  7. I blame the Govt!
  8. If they do this I will stop my membership of the NUT and switch to NASUWT or ATL.

This is taking the urine. To be fair, most of the NUT reps I've met are commies in a very bad disguise, so I might change anyway
  9. Jesus! You shouldn't be with them anyway, you'll be on the mass grave list come the return of the Lord Protector (pbuh) returns.

You should switch right now and sacrifice a twenty at the altar of the RBL as way of atonement.
  10. reminds me of a book by Richard Littlejohn, "you couldn't make it up", with a chapter on education in which he stated lack of confidence in state education when he saw the "wolfie smiths" at one of the teachers' union conferences...
  11. No, we can't have that. Four of my sixth formers have joined my Bty this academic year. If I'm to stick to the National Curriculum, recruiting will suffer!

As for Crabby and the NUT. I'm an ATL man, but under sufferance and in 'direct debit' (rather than, 'name') only. Took me two years of teaching to join - but sadly you need the umbrella in case of (especially in my case) the accusation of desert's disease*.

*"wandering palms"
  12. Don't worry everyone, there is nothing to worry about. We have no traitors. No one is misrepresenting anything. So don't worry your little heads about anything. There are no agendas by anyone. Fugly says so.
  13. Have you heard yourself?

My bold: Without political interference? Have you ever worked in a school where everything the teachers do has been decided and agreed by the Government of the day? Who do you think sets the National Curiculum in the first instance?

And I am quite sure the teachers are fully aware of the fact that some of the children in the school have parents away fighting on various fronts around the world. Indeed, I am sure they have to deal with the fallout in the dip in attention and ability due to the children worrying about the very real chance that their parent may not come back.

It always makes me chuckle that we insist on telling teachers how to do their job but get out of shape when another professional body dare to question what it is we do.

14. Yes and that job is to teach not to indoctrinate. edited to add and not to constantly bang their own political ideology into their students
  15. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I had a right old giggle when I did sociology in college as a fill-in subject. It was the lefty/stupid students and the marxist cretin of a sociology teacher all arrayed against Attila the Hun (yours truly).

Every argument got trounced, every lefty viewpoint got hammered and one student who complained bitterly that the gobment wasn't giving her enough to feed her children left the room crying on more than one occasion.

Suffice to say, I didn't finish the course. Happy days.