Teacher who supports the forces

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Carolanne, Apr 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting snippet from the feedback comments section in today's Daily Telegraph.

As a teacher I want to remove myself and others in my profession from the nasty Marxists in the NUT. I will NEVER give a penny to them and find their latest antics - denigrating our armed forces by refusing to acknowledge their bravey in schools - truly disgusting. In response I am doing everything I can to promote the Army within my classroom. I have ordered DVD's and other information and once a week we look at what our brave soldiers have been doing in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I am extremely angry about the image the NUT is giving the teaching profession. I would like to set up a group - Teachers Supporting our Forces - to counteract the foul idealogoy of these people.

2. Thank you for your support, we dont all tar you with the same brush as those Marxists who made there 15 min of fame.

3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I believe you will find that a majority of the teachers support, either actively or otherwise , our armed forces. I am connected - loosely- with a school, and the staff there are very supportive indeed.
    Add to this, the annual 'Army Days' that are run for schools. At the one we have here, there are thousands who attend, and competition among teachers is fierce for tickets. They swarm all over the exhibition, and certainly welcome the free food. The marxists who control the union do so, as I have said before, because of apathy and time constraints on the more moderate members, as happened in most unions.

4. well done to you teach!
    I will on the strengh of this support resume my FEMALE Teacher/schoolboy fantasy, which i gave up in protest.

5. You, 'twist_to_open'! Yes YOU at the back you dozy boy!

Write out one hundred times "We don't all tar you with the same brush as those Marxists who claimed their fifteen minutes of fame".

And see me after class with your y-fronts on backwards.

6. I may have been a bit pished off with the crap being spouted. But i wasn't quite that upset. :twisted: :)

7. You know that sitting outside the school gates all day, smoking 'bines and drinking bacardi breezers doesn't really qualify as being 'connected - loosely-with a school'!! :wink: :D

8. old_fat_and_hairy

Maybe, but the magistrate did say that the packets of Smarties did qualify as having me loosley connected. :D

9. Well done and I think we should all get behind you.............................One at a time, mind you :wink:

10. I don't think all teachers were tarred with the same brush, the trouble is that when some Marxist scrote gets on his hind legs at the NUT conference to slag the forces it is front page news. What should happen now is that at the NAS/UWT (conference or whatever the other teaching unions hold) a senior teacher should stand up and praise the work of the forces and welcome their teaching material into schools provided of course that it is balanced and reasonable.

11. old_fat_and_hairy

Hear hear! Can I be first?

12. Carolanne - thank you for your supportive line on armed forces. You aren't the Carolanne who taught in Windsor during the late eighties? She was extremely supportive of soldiers in general and Gunner officers in particular.

13. Well said Carolanne !! How do these muppets ever get voted in by supposedly educated people ??

14. A few years back when I was a recruiting Sergeant at an ACIO I only had problems getting into a minority of schools around my area. There were a few teachers who didnt like the forces there but in my view it was because they were trying to get the pupils to stay on at six form for bums on seats and the financial award it gave the school. IMHO it should be the right for EVERY employer to go into schools to show the pupils exactly what is out there in the big bad world and let the student decide of their career path and not the NUT or any other teaching organisation. I am still in contact with numerous head teachers, Connexion advisors and career teachers who think this is ludicrous and still back what the Armed forces and other services do for the kids especially with the Personnel developement days. There are many teachers out there who back us so dont believe all the hype in the media.

15. Three former pupils of mine are currently deployed in Afghanistan - two in the same company of 40 Cdo, and I and many others are EXTREMELY PROUD of them.

Hoping and praying for a safe return for all. Yesterday's bad news caused considerable anxiety in the staffroom, and suffice to say prayers have been said in assemblies etc for recently bereaved families.

We're very much hoping that on their return they'll visit the old place to talk to pupils about recent experiences, the work of the Armed Forces etc..

A current proposal going before governors is for a new honours board for former pupils who've seen active service.

The NUT can pi** into the wind as far as we're concerned, and - no, teachers at my school will not be striking!