Teacher Granted Pardon

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Ritch, Dec 3, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 'Breaking News' on the TV. El-Presidente of the Sudan has granted a pardon for Gillian Gibbons and she ''will be released from prison within the hour''.

2. At last...sanity prevails. Now, she can, hopefully, come home safely.

3. Can she have her job back?

4. Would she want it back?

5. I doubt it. But since she said she didn't hold any hostility for the Sudanese people, I can't see it NOT happening.

6. How many "days" did she do in the end?

7. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

So she gets out of doing some 10 days jail time - costing HMG how much in ferrying high price diplomats out there to pressurise the Sudanese?

I am uncomfortable about all of this. Yes, I know the law is barking but the local population seem to take it seriously and as far as I am concerned, the judgement should have been respected.

8. Did she get to take the teddy to her cell?!

9. I think the local population were whipped into a frenzy by Clerics and Mullahs during Friday prayers. They do as they`re ordered and the rights and wrongs don`t come into it.

10. I suppose she threw her teddy bear out of her pram when she went down....... oops that was not PC.

Still, the bear gets it now, probably have the stuffing kicked out of it, a few lashes and its paws chopped off. I also suppose the gutter press are on their way to the airport to offer the teacher big bucks in a 'tell all' story of her torrid affair with the bear. "Tormented teddy in torrid tryst with torpid teacher in tell-all tales of torture", or better still 'Brown quits'.

11. She sounded like she would, she said she has no complaints and everyone has been nice to her.

(apart from the mad mullas obviously!)

12. I was just thinking that. Bets that News of the World and the Scum will be first in line?

13. OH THE ROPE TO HANG HERSELF,
    really changed my mind on this dozy old bint last week i was defending her for trying to make a difference in the worlds ARRSE then she goes and blows it by telling how nice the guards have been and what a shame it is to have to leave the Sudan and the lovely job she had.
    Does nothing sink in to these bleeding heart liberals?
    Get out silly woman you have been lucky, these backwards knuckle dragging cavemen wanted her shot and torn apart, but she just wants to love them?????? AAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHH

14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Maybe they realised it was not a teddy bear - it was a leopard, and that was OK?

15. Let her have her job back. Some mad mussy will have her head off in no time.