Tea

Okay this may sound strange, and it is some what a shot in the dark!

Couple of my forces mates say there are different nick names to how you like your tea. Just wondering could you lads make a list of em!

Eg. White Nun. Milk 1 sugar?

Nice one lads, cheers.

This is an old one and I don't know if it's used any more, but "Jewish" was no milk and no sugar. No idea about the etymology of the term, though.

MsG

Julie Andrews= White nun [none] (Milk, no sugar)......as in she was a nun in the sound of music.
Whoopee Goldberg= Black nun (No milk, no sugar)......as in she was a nun in Sister Act.

Bugsy said:
This is an old one and I don't know if it's used any more, but "Jewish" was no milk and no sugar. No idea about the etymology of the term, though.

MsG
When I was in Astrakhan (not exactly a desert, but close) locals explained that drinking tea without milk and sugar is the best way to quench your thirst, while water will make your body swell and milky sweet tea will make you want to drink more. Maybe "Jewish"="Israel"=same local tradition?
Just a guess...

Domovoy said:
Bugsy said:

MsG
When I was in Astrakhan (not exactly a desert, but close) locals explained that drinking tea without milk and sugar is the best way to quench your thirst, while water will make your body swell and milky sweet tea will make you want to drink more. Maybe "Jewish"="Israel"=same local tradition?
Just a guess...

Or maybe 'jewish' as in stingy git not wanting milk and sugar? Thats what I read into it anyway.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Domovoy said:
Bugsy said:

MsG
Just a guess...

Or maybe 'jewish' as in stingy git not wanting milk and sugar? Thats what I read into it anyway.
You might be right. :D

Domovoy said:
Bugsy said:

MsG
Just a guess...
You might have something there, Domovoy. In our unit, only three of us drank Rosy without milk or sugar; me and the other two actually were Jews (Benny and Doffs).

MsG

Domovoy said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Domovoy said:
Bugsy said:

MsG
Just a guess...

This is all starting to sound a bit...anti-semitic.

General_Layabout said:
There may be something here, its too late and i've had too many sherberts but i found this.

http://www.lrb.co.uk/v25/n12/disk01_.html
OMG! With the exception that I prefer the use of a teapot (and it must be a brown pottery pot, only rinsed, but never washed), that describes my favourite brew. A pint of milk will curdle before it runs out.

Must phone the doctor tomorrow and arrange a circumcision.

Note to self: Remember - circumcision, not castration - circumcision, circumcision.

redgrain said:
Domovoy said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Domovoy said:
Bugsy said:

MsG
Just a guess...

Fuck off you cock.

The term 'you jewish cnut' has been used for eons to describe someone who is tight fisted. A term correctly used as certain Jewish people are very good at making money and more importantly, keeping it.

FFS, I'm suprised you didnt call me a rascist for calling a beverage without milk and sugar a 'Whoopee Goldberg'.

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
redgrain said:
Domovoy said:
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Domovoy said:
Bugsy said:

MsG
Just a guess...

Fuck off you cock.

The term 'you jewish cnut' has been used for eons to describe someone who is tight fisted. A term correctly used as certain Jewish people are very good at making money and more importantly, keeping it.

FFS, I'm suprised you didnt call me a rascist for calling a beverage without milk and sugar a 'Whoopee Goldberg'.
You don't have much of a sense of humour, do you, my Lord?

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Julie Andrews= White nun [none] (Milk, no sugar)......as in she was a nun in the sound of music.
Whoopee Goldberg= Black nun (No milk, no sugar)......as in she was a nun in Sister Act.
Bastard. You stole my thunder :D . Then again I was down the pub getting quietly pissed with a couple of stunners so on balance I probably win...

Latest Threads