TEA - Training Expense Allowance

Anyone know why TEA has been stopped?

Was anyone forewarned of this or is it just a case of our employment terms being changed without our prior knowledge or, come to think of it, agreement?

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
See this thread for the last month's worth of comments on this:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=35294.html

As to why it has been stopped - no reason know, but would hazard a couple of guesses: that it was costing money, and that it represented an allowance available to the TA but not the regular Army (Bit like the TD - not that I'm bitter, oh no, not me Sir.....). After all, we can claim on a 1771 like anyone else? (But just you try it!)

Aye, it's "one army" now. We can claim the regular allowance, if we make 9 training events a month (which is essentially impossible, unless you course yourself up and do every weekend in a month....), which is considerably more I believe.

However, if this is like other regular allowances we're entitled too, I doubt we'll see it (ever tried claiming back you Mess subs from a course?)

Sapukay said:
Aye, it's "one army" now. We can claim the regular allowance, if we make 9 training events a month (which is essentially impossible, unless you course yourself up and do every weekend in a month....), which is considerably more I believe.

However, if this is like other regular allowances we're entitled too, I doubt we'll see it (ever tried claiming back you Mess subs from a course?)
If you pay a mess bill at your parent unit then receive a bill whilst on a course you should be refunded your parent unit subs for the same period, on production of a receipt. - happens at my place.