TCH statement now on MOD website

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by scaryspice, Oct 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. scaryspice

scaryspice LE Moderator

2. Posted in entirety.

Copyright MOD 2004

Sorry , I'm sure I heard someone say "considering"

That sounds like , "We are going to do this , and I'm just trying to soften the blow"
  3. It wouldnt surprise me if the BW had already begun its movement.
  4. PTP - has no one ever told you that you should take all statements by our wise, compassionate and malevolent leadership at face value?

Otherwise you might discover the truth before it's accomplished
  5. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

UK recce team to deploy to the area tomorrow (Tuesday)
    POD to provide recommendation (i.e. to say yes), by the middle of the week (Wednesday)
    ... and yet "these matters require careful consideration"!

I suspect that Bliar has already told the Chimp that he'll deploy BW, Grasping Gordon's probably got the Spams to pay for it, and TCH has just done as he's told.

Why can't Bliar 'carefully consider' his position and resign tomorrow
    Followed by a General Election by the middle of the week?
  6. A detail, the final recommendation is to be from CDS.
  7. More from Grauniad's Audrey Gillan

8. In reply to the opposition TCH also said... "there is no shortage of infantry battalions"

Would our infanteers agree with this?
  9. I'm surprised any self-respecting Gruarnd reporter would be seen in the company of illegal occupying invaders, sorry British Army troops :!:

Well, that answers that finally, and makes a mockery of "considering" :evil:
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

TCH has just been on BBC News 24 and has said that he is 'waiting for CDS to make a decision'. Does this mean it's really up to CDS (who, on past experience, will make the 'correct' political decision), or is he just being set up, New Labour stylee, to take the blame?

The report mentioned that it was 55 minutes after TCH's announcement before any other MP supported him. All the usual suspects spoke against, and so did many of those normally loyal to the Reich.
  12. Short and about to get shorter. Down to 36 battalions from 40 under POD's "restructuring" plan. Unless we're about to get drawn into a bigger arena and events drive a rethink.
  13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

:evil: :evil: :evil:

"failed in its duty as an ally" !!!!!!

What on earth gives this low-life the ability to use words like 'duty' ?

He's got no more idea about 'duty' than kiss my arrse !

His idea of 'duty' is to ensure that Bliar has a regular hoop dhobie from the MOD.

I must be getting soft in the heid, but I didn't think this barstard could slither any lower. I am gobsmacked......

Is it against site rules to incite violence against individuals who are actively working against the health, safety and morale of Her Majestey's Forces ?

No ? Good. Please let him come to a range day, we'll see if his disregard for soldiers has affected NSPs. It will be the only time I could ever celebrate an ND.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  14. Listening to the debate, I was really struck by refusal of war supporters to support BW redeployment. Particularly Andrew McKinlay, of 'chaff' fame. Someone on BBC radio news made the same point, then ruined the impression of authority by apparently assuming that "reserve battle group" = "battalion of reservists". :roll: