TCB/RCB

Hi,

I believe you get 2 attempts at RCB, just wondering if TCB counts as an attempt for example if you fail TCB then you have one shot left at either TCB/RCB.

Obviously if you fail TCB theres no point in going to RCB.

Current plans are to merge the two into a single Board. I honestly don't know when this is coming into effect, but it may well be within your timespan.
What this means is a consistent level of competence to be both a regular and TA officer.

Ideal option? It'll be the only option soon! :D
When are you planning to go to T/RCB?

Parry said:
Hi,

I believe you get 2 attempts at RCB, just wondering if TCB counts as an attempt for example if you fail TCB then you have one shot left at either TCB/RCB.

Obviously if you fail TCB theres no point in going to RCB.
I've heard TCB is harder to pass.

I was meant to go to TCB in January but due to an injury I couldnt, so I'm just going to kill 2 birds with one stone and do RCB. The briefing in Easter 2006 and Main Board in Summer.

Arfur said:
I've heard TCB is harder to pass.
'Harder' may not be the word, but certainly what is wanted of a TA officer may be considered more demanding in a different way. As a regular officer I welcome more commonality in order that neither TA nor regular officers are undermined by any negative comments about one from the other.

Parry said:
I was meant to go to TCB in January but due to an injury I couldnt, so I'm just going to kill 2 birds with one stone and do RCB. The briefing in Easter 2006 and Main Board in Summer.
Ok, so a fair while off yet. Might I recommend browsing the Officers' Forum here on ARRSE. It's got a lot of threads with regards to RCB and the briefing.

escape_artists_never_die said:
If you pass RCB you will still have to attend and pass TCB.
Are you sure about this? I passed both, but remember people at TCB telling me I was wasting my time because I had RCB scheduled for the following month.

Any experts around?

Yeh I got told that too, even if thats not the case I still believe if you've sat RCB and passed you should at least be able to skip the TCB Briefing.

RCB pass qualifies as TCB pass for TACC.

TCB pass does not qualify for Reg Course.

IF pass standards are different it's because of different DS. Purely subjective whether one is harder than the other and about as valuable a debate as whether TCB #1 was more or less difficult than TCB #2. (i.e. not valuable at all!)

The advice I give my POs is that if they think they may eventually go for a Reg Commission they should do RCB.

Yeh I plan to go Regular in 2007 so RCB is the way to go but I also want to get my TA Commission before that for some 'experience' so I would have to sit TCB sooner than that obviously.

Parry said:
Yeh I plan to go Regular in 2007 so RCB is the way to go but I also want to get my TA Commission before that for some 'experience' so I would have to sit TCB sooner than that obviously.
Why not just go to RCB now? If you haven't started TA PO training yet, the earliest you could go to RMAS would be May 06 anyway.

Got too much on at the moment, got exams coming up for Uni and at the end of my I start my training for 4PARA, earliest that can finish is September.

Parry said:
Got too much on at the moment, got exams coming up for Uni and at the end of my I start my training for 4PARA, earliest that can finish is September.
Suggest you get your OC/PSAO to register you with 51 Bde Offr Trg. They already have all the contact details. We can then co-ordinate an appropriate entry point to the course which will be running by September.

This training course (plus a Westbury pass and other qualifying criteria) will support entry either to the TACC or the RegCC.

I was on that course with 51 Bde last year till I bust my foot, I've been told I can rejoin it if I want but I believe 4PARA have a different route for selection. Have you been on TAOC too? I was on course 3.

Parry said:
4PARA have a different route for selection.
No they don't.

All DEPOs and UPOs must go through a recognised RTC and you should be aware that several members of 4 PARA started TAOC3 with 51 Bde although you definitely weren't one of them.

PM me with your details and I can arrange proper career guidance for you - it looks like you are not being well advised.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Army Reserve 1
L Officers 2
steptoe Officers 3