Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Taxpayers money fund IRA Hunger film

exile1 said:
Perhaps ARRSE members can attend the premier en masse and when he snuffs it all stand up and shout "Result"!

Like it, bonus points for the best Ronald Mcdonald fancy dress outfit.. :D

StumpyHussar said:
Santa_Sunday said:
'TING, TING, TING....!'

'ALL ABOARD - ROOM ON TOP....!'

'FARES PLEASE....!'

Look on the bright side at least it gets everyone a chance to dust off their Bobby Sands jokes that we haven't head for a couple of weeks :D

Edited for fat fingers.[/quote]

Is that a Bobby Sands joke?

By the way , is this film a comedy?
They could call it "Carry on Starving"

Of equal outrage value is the fact that this film, apparently sympathetic to PIRA and its people, was made by Steve McQueen:

stamp460.jpg

McQueen was behind the proposal to place the photographs of soldiers killed in Iraq on stamps, which was enthusiastically endorsed by many on this board.

Having seen that this was merely an 'artistic' exercise designed to give exposure to McQueen and not the act of respect which we all thought it was, perhaps some contempt and loathing should be shown to him as well as the Wales Creative IP Fund who subsidised the film.

StumpyHussar said:
Money from the useless Welsh Assembly (so English tax payers really) has gone to the production of a film about the murdering IRA scums hunger strike in 1981.

Absolutly disgusted about this especially as the ******** who runs the fund is "very proud to be associated with films like that."

Cocks.

IRA Scum link

Total disgrace the money could have been spent funding much more needy causes .

I thought it eas the Irish slimming championships but I will be in Cardiff on Sunday so I intend to ask a few Questions. Ihave already sent Emails to all assembly members and as yet no worthwile reply. David Davis MP of Monmouth was on radio Wales he seemmed pretty pissed off so you never know somthing might happen

Sands got sent down ultimately for engaging in a gun battle with members ofthe RUC

thankfully his aim was as good as his ability to put wieight on

wouldnt it be lovely if those RUC men who are alive today because skinny was a shite shot

actually got to go to the premier

and chat to the self congragulaory deluded ass holes who think sands was a hero

PS Bernadette Sands McKevitt is his sister not his ex wife

tropper66 said:
I thought it eas the Irish slimming championships but I

This skinny bastard wasnt Irish

he was one of you lads

he might have wanted to be Irish but feck that

I dont want him

StumpyHussar said:
Money from the useless Welsh Assembly (so English tax payers really) has gone to the production of a film about the murdering IRA scums hunger strike in 1981.

Absolutly disgusted about this especially as the ******** who runs the fund is "very proud to be associated with films like that."

Cocks.

IRA Scum link

Harsh I know but I refuse to get on the outrage bus. Don't you know by now that the Government only tax us ridiculously high so that they can spend it irresponsibly? If they spent our hard earned money as if it was coming out of their own pockets it would stretch a lot further.