• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Taxi drivers...nice or....

I'd do what Dennis Hopper did to the bus in Speed. Make it so that if they didn't get to their destination in time, their cab would blow up!

See if the buggers will still drive by detour and overcharge you!

Given the possibility of being God for a day, what would you do with a taxi driver?
Why FFS?, did one rip you off last night or refuse to pick you up as you were so pissed he thought you would puke up in his cab?
I cannot remember having any problems with Taxi drivers ever! They are just normal guys doing a job!

Hmm... taken a few taxis in your homeland there and can't really complain about the service I received. One even had a sense of humor when the silly Yank on his first visit there walked around to what would of been the passenger side in the rest of the world and opened the door to have a confused moment. He finished loading the trunk with my luggage and jokingly handed me the keys and said he didn't mind taking a ride for a bit.

T

trowel

Hmm... taken a few taxis in your homeland there and can't really complain about the service I received. One even had a sense of humor when the silly Yank on his first visit there walked around to what would of been the passenger side in the rest of the world and opened the door to have a confused moment. He finished loading the trunk with my luggage and jokingly handed me the keys and said he didn't mind taking a ride for a bit.
Try and get out a bit more. It is not only the Brits who drive on the correct side of the road.

Try and get out a bit more. It is not only the Brits who drive on the correct side of the road.
True... there are a handfull of other islands and one continent where they drive on the left. Here's a question... the majority of folks are right handed and there is a proclivity to drift towards the dominant hand's side so I wonder if there is a noticable increase in people drifting into oncoming traffic there?

True... there are a handfull of other islands and one continent where they drive on the left. Here's a question... the majority of folks are right handed and there is a proclivity to drift towards the dominant hand's side so I wonder if there is a noticable increase in people drifting into oncoming traffic there?
in a word NO.

Statistics show it,s the exact number as your drivers driving into the hedge.

82 other other "islands", actually. Plus a couple of continents if you include most of Africa, the sub-continent of India and Pakistan plus that other pseudo continent of Australia and New Zealand. Bit more than a handful. Including that backward bastion of technological naivety called Japan. Some 34% of the worlds nations drive on the left. Even the US island of St Johns (where all the vehicles have the steering wheel on the wrong side) drive on the left because it's easier to see round bends etc. Just because Henry Ford thought the septics would be too stupid to change gears with their left hands doesn't make driving on the right the correct way to do it. The Romans had the right idea by making their chariots drive on the left so the driver wouldn't hit the pedestrians with his whip.

As opposed to driving off the road you mean?

If you want to follow a French system invented by Napoleon and peasants, that's fine by us. We will merely follow the traditions that befit gentry.

We have no trouble staying on the correct side of the central reservation. It is not part of the UK Highway Code to ensure that one can only take to the road having drunk a six pack of "Budweiser" and an "eighth of Burboon" with ones friends Billy-Bob, Billy-Joe & Bubba in the back of the pickup shooting varmints and critters as one goes ;)

I grabbed a taxi in Sheffield (may the good Lord rain fire and pestilence upon the city) one evening to go from Darnall on the outskirts of the shithole to West street in the centre of the shithole. I had to wait an hour for the cab to arrive. When it arrived it was being driven by a bearded and dirty looking, shifty eyed cunt allegedly called Abdul Aleem - that was the name on the taxi license badge that was hanging in the front of the cab. However the guy driving the cab looked nothing like the picture on the license badge and I mean nothing like it. We set off for what should have been a 15 / 20 minute drive but before we got clear of Darnal the cunt was lost. We stopped at an Asian shop to ask directions. The shop keeper didnt know West street. So we navigated from Asian shop to Asian shop gradually going away from West street until eventually we found a shop with an owner who had actualy been to West street. We arrived at West st., over an hour later. Unfortunately it was the wrong end of West st. Another 15 minutes and he found a place to turn round and we then drove to the other end of West st. I got out reasonably near where I wanted to go and the cunt tried to charge me £45. I gave him a fiver and fucked off sharpish into a nearby pub leaving him screeching and howling at the roadside. I left the pub by another door as he followed me a few moments later screaming in some heathen tongue, presumably, Stop Thief, or the equivalent. I imagine that Sheffield (may the shithole suffer the wrath of Allah himself) is now completely under Sharia law and that a white European such as myself would receive no justice, so I was amused to see a glimpse of the cunt being grabbed by a bouncer and restrained as I exited the pub and had it away on me toes.

Latest Threads