Taxi drivers...nice or....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ciggie, Jul 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Given the possibility of being God for a day, what would you do with a taxi driver?

2. Give the whole taxi rank a shotgun apiece and pick a good place to spectate.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Been done - in Cumbria!!!!! :) :) :)

4. Anal rape.

Sorry, drifted off for a moment there... what were we talking about?

5. I'd do what Dennis Hopper did to the bus in Speed. Make it so that if they didn't get to their destination in time, their cab would blow up!

See if the buggers will still drive by detour and overcharge you!

6. Why FFS?, did one rip you off last night or refuse to pick you up as you were so pissed he thought you would puke up in his cab?
    I cannot remember having any problems with Taxi drivers ever! They are just normal guys doing a job!

7. Hmm... taken a few taxis in your homeland there and can't really complain about the service I received. One even had a sense of humor when the silly Yank on his first visit there walked around to what would of been the passenger side in the rest of the world and opened the door to have a confused moment. He finished loading the trunk with my luggage and jokingly handed me the keys and said he didn't mind taking a ride for a bit.

8. Try and get out a bit more. It is not only the Brits who drive on the correct side of the road.

9. True... there are a handfull of other islands and one continent where they drive on the left. Here's a question... the majority of folks are right handed and there is a proclivity to drift towards the dominant hand's side so I wonder if there is a noticable increase in people drifting into oncoming traffic there?

10. in a word NO.

11. Statistics show it,s the exact number as your drivers driving into the hedge.

12. 82 other other "islands", actually. Plus a couple of continents if you include most of Africa, the sub-continent of India and Pakistan plus that other pseudo continent of Australia and New Zealand. Bit more than a handful. Including that backward bastion of technological naivety called Japan. Some 34% of the worlds nations drive on the left. Even the US island of St Johns (where all the vehicles have the steering wheel on the wrong side) drive on the left because it's easier to see round bends etc. Just because Henry Ford thought the septics would be too stupid to change gears with their left hands doesn't make driving on the right the correct way to do it. The Romans had the right idea by making their chariots drive on the left so the driver wouldn't hit the pedestrians with his whip.

13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

As opposed to driving off the road you mean?

If you want to follow a French system invented by Napoleon and peasants, that's fine by us. We will merely follow the traditions that befit gentry.

14. Nothing sporting about it when only one of them has the shotgun.
    My proposal was to arm them all.....:D

15. Anybody got a taxi during Ramadan?

You will know what I am talking about.

..breath!