Am in full time employment, work part time for BMF and am a STAB.Since being TA Ive been on BR tax code (just over two years) same with BMF,real job is decent pay so higher tax code.Have been sure Im not paying enough tax on TA and BMF earnings so rang The Tax Man today,gave tax code for real job and that I was on BR tax code for TA and BMF and was told "don't worry about it it will sort itself out" end of chat!
Anyone else paying on a BR tax code after spending what is now a couple of years in the STABs? Spoke to the supposedly powers that be at my Coy location,hole dug and head buried in sand before Id finished my rant.
Don't get me wrong,Id rather keep the money but I know the Tax Man doesn't forget or forgive. :?


War Hero
Book Reviewer
been this way for as long as I can remember . .. and I have been in for slightly longerr than a couple of years
i'm sure there was a thread about this a while ago, however as i understand the tax man, your tax will be set on your total earnings, but the threshold will be set on your main employment- thus, STAB pay and BMF pay should all be zero rate - look for posts by tax_twat.
If your tax coding is 647L (using your full personal allowance) for your main job, then the BR codes are indeed incorrect. You should notify HMRC and they should be changed to D0 as per here:

so that you get your personal allowance for your main source of income and the rest is flatly taxed at 40%. Are you in the 50% tax bracket, or just the 40%? Feel free to PM me if you'd rather not say in an open forum.



Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads