Tax refund

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by poplarcons, Jul 31, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Hi everyone

    Not sure whether this is the right place to ask this question, but my son joined up in January and even though he earned a little at a part-time job before he started he didn't earn enough to pay tax though of course he was taxed from day one. How does he go about getting this refunded, I thought it would be done automatically in his pay but nothing as yet.

    thanks for any help

    He needs the money!!
  2. They'll take it automaticaly, but won't give it back wothout a fight...
  3. He should contact his tax office quoting his national insurance no (pay office or someone on here will be able to tell him which tax office deals with the Army)

    Make sure he keeps his P45 from his old job, and P60 from the Army.