Tax reclaim if you launder your kit

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bravo_Bravo, Dec 29, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not again.

2. How many time do we have to have this thread. It is up there with when do we get paid.

3. Does the search facility not work any more?

BB - you have been around here long enough to know that this has been debated over and over again.

Shall I make it simple for you? No. As the QM will launder your uniform, you cannot claim back the tax.

Sheesh! And I thought Chubb was an irritating little shit!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Fixed, gratis etc.....

5. Or have I just been "wah'd"?

6. I'm not sure what I'll spend my 92p per week on this year. The shoe and tights allowance also is a tidy sum.

7. STABs don't get the QM laundry, and I suspect Singlies / living out don't, either.

I've actually not seen this posted before - posts saying it can't be done, but not saying it can.

8. Use the search function then, it has been done lots and any one can put their uniform through the qm's. It is just no one does because we are not tight arses.

9. Yes you can. Back in the day I was a TA Medic (Shit, my dirty little secret's out) I got my lightweights, KF shirt and JHW covered in someone else's blood after he suffered a huge gash to his thigh by sliding up the seats in the back of a Bedford that stopped suddenly. When we returned to the TAC from the hospital the QM told me to hand in my uniform for laundering so that it didn't contaminate my own machine. I got it back a couple of weeks later (un-ironed).

• Like Like x 2
  10. All you have to do to get the 92p a week is go to university for 3-4yrs become a Nurse and you can spend it all on vintage Champagne and Caviar.

11. Aarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh