Tax on FRI payment

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by gorilla, Mar 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Signed for my FRI money and got the cash. The tax man did however get his correct share of the dosh. Heard a rumour today that you can claim back some of the cash from the tax man, any truth to this rumour, if so how do i go about reclaiming the money from the robbing bastards, sorry meant tax office.

    Many thanks
  2. The clue is in your post. "Rumour". Never heard of it myself.
  3. Unfortunately, it's just that - it's classes as earnings therefore you pay tax on it and that's about it !!! You can't claim any tax refund on it I'm afraid !!!