Tax increases to pay for NHS & Social Care

So far fair enough. Not her job and whoever should be taking the visitors info isn't in place.
Then you started ranting.

There are numerous things the nhs used to do at minimal cost which benefited HMS GB.

One of them was fill in a quick form in A&E about accidents. If it was industrial, domestic, kid-drinking-bleach-out-of-pandapops-bottle. Y’know.

That cost, iirc, around 1.75 admin person wages per year per hospital and gave really useful data for users ranging from car designers through the Health and Safety Executive to insurers, tribunals, the National Farmers Union and loads of others.

Now, data is collected by individual organisations at much greater cost but that cost is diffused so nobody gives a shit.

I’m sure the cost of reclaiming any darkies foreign scum who steal our tax money for treatment will be trumpeted as a huuuuge saving once various nhs staff are corralled in to checking. Or maybe someone like Crapita will do it.

These are drops in the ocean compared to increased costs because of private companies getting in there.

Sadly the shit papers set the political tone and our lovely Conservatives can’t control their stiffies when it comes to private profit st the public tit.

At the bottom of my Council Tax Bill it has, "Social Care £46." So I'm already being taxed for Social Care, or will this be categorised to something else? :cool:

There are numerous things the nhs used to do at minimal cost which benefited HMS GB.

One of them was fill in a quick form in A&E about accidents. If it was industrial, domestic, kid-drinking-bleach-out-of-pandapops-bottle. Y’know.

That cost, iirc, around 1.75 admin person wages per year per hospital and gave really useful data for users ranging from car designers through the Health and Safety Executive to insurers, tribunals, the National Farmers Union and loads of others.

Now, data is collected by individual organisations at much greater cost but that cost is diffused so nobody gives a shit.

I’m sure the cost of reclaiming any darkies foreign scum who steal our tax money for treatment will be trumpeted as a huuuuge saving once various nhs staff are corralled in to checking. Or maybe someone like Crapita will do it.

These are drops in the ocean compared to increased costs because of private companies getting in there.

Sadly the shit papers set the political tone and our lovely Conservatives can’t control their stiffies when it comes to private profit st the public tit.
IIRC Divvying out stuff to commercial contracts didn't start with the Tories. I have said elsewhere about lack of joined up thinking. I agree that joined up data can indeed be valuable. Disjointedness can be very frustrating. I have "dark" friends who also pay their taxes.

Exactly. She’s there to treat the patient, not to act as an immigration or tax official.
Yup. The patient. Now, how do we define "the patient"; any old punter who fronts up and needs treatment? Because, sorry to enlighten you, the NHS simply doesn't have the resource to treat everyone who can get to Britain. It's an uncomfortable fact of life. Not to mention the morality of a leftie outlook that says it's perfectly OK for our elderly to die in sub-standard care homes / hospitals, but at the same time to be profligate with the NHS budget by explicitly or implicitly encouraging abuse of it.

There is a belief that everyone should receive treatment. That's great.
Errm, no. I for one don't think 'everyone should receive treatment'. Those so entitled, yes. Those for whom that status is uncertain; you get treatment on proving your ability to pay, either privately or through insurance. If, as a visitor to the UK, you haven't had the foresight or intelligence to make sure you'd be OK for healthcare in the event of something unforeseen happening, then that's your lookout.

Last edited:
I seem to recall back in the early 90s a family friend managing to shut a car door on her own hand, she got a bill from the local hospital for stupidity treatment following an traffic accident.

I also had the pleasure of helping on an A&E reception during a go live of a new IT system a good 15 years ago.
Guy in his 60s dressed in lycra, well spoken and apparently retired pitches up tells me he needs to see someone as when he was out on his bike he rode through some muddy water and scratched his leg.

My sadly restrained suggestion that he should go see his GP if any problems occurred fell on deaf ears as did the 2 hour waiting time and a nurse had to deal with him. I wonder how he'd have reacted if I'd been able to pull out another form outlining his expected costs for 'treatment' for this none accident/emergency??

I seem to recall back in the early 90s a family friend managing to shut a car door on her own hand, she got a bill from the local hospital for stupidity treatment following an traffic accident.

I also had the pleasure of helping on an A&E reception during a go live of a new IT system a good 15 years ago.
Guy in his 60s dressed in lycra, well spoken and apparently retired pitches up tells me he needs to see someone as when he was out on his bike he rode through some muddy water and scratched his leg.

My sadly restrained suggestion that he should go see his GP if any problems occurred fell on deaf ears as did the 2 hour waiting time and a nurse had to deal with him. I wonder how he'd have reacted if I'd been able to pull out another form outlining his expected costs for 'treatment' for this none accident/emergency??
Another interesting point; the commonly-held and progressing view that 'if it's free, it's worthless'.

If there was a much as £10 admin charge to go to A&E you can bet your last tenner that half the fuckwits who front up there with imaginary or non-serious ailments wouldn't bother their backsides.

I already pay a Adult Social Care element on my Council Tax bill. It increased this year as all the parts do, County, local area council, town council and police. Are they saying the Adult Social care part is not really for that, but to plug a hole *somewhere else?

* The increase in council members payments for example as I can't see where else it is spent

Would I be naive assume that expats who are UK taxpayers bit can’t use the NHS because they are resident abroad will not be expected to pay the tax increase? Thought so.

Would I be naive assume that expats who are UK taxpayers bit can’t use the NHS because they are resident abroad will not be expected to pay the tax increase? Thought so.
But illegal immigrants will still be able to receive NHS treatment at the same time?.

But illegal immigrants will still be able to receive NHS treatment at the same time?.
It's timely to mention that.
I had to wait 4 months for my CAT scan which I finally had done on Saturday.
There is a large waiting area, very nice too, for both Xray & CATs, until your name is called.
I could not help (since they were sitting right opposite me) a large family of...tinted ones...completely oblivious to the English language but very arrogant and demanding in gutteral Swahili or whatever dialect/lingua franca from whence they originated from when "he" was a mere 10 minutes overdue. How do we know how many minutes? All he could do was point at his watch and gesture 10.
I just stared the cnut/s out for the next 15 without blinking.
They moved.
They also smelled.
Badly.

Last edited: