TAX FREE MOTORS

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by miskelgee, May 16, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OF THE BIG THREE COMPANIES; NAAFI, EMC AND NATOCARS, WHICH COMPANY WOULD YOU RECOMMEND ?

OR NONE OF THE ABOVE?

2. you don't need to shout! dont use caps please for normal speech

As for the companies, and which is best, can't help you on that one..

3. EMC i think are the lesser of 3 evils . Nato cars put loads of extra hidden costs on top of the price . As for Naafi well i only know Osnabruck and they give you a really poor price (compared to others)for your presant car . I swear by saab, toyota, landrover, dealer in Germany Grant and Green . As for EMC a few mates have had motors from them and they have had no dramas .

4. One of EMC's salesmen treated me and the 14 grand i was spending with complete contempt. Didnt give me the time of day, sat me in a corridore for an hour waiting for the pleasure of handing over my money without even the offer of a brew, and generally treated me like shyte. This was after the git fouled up the paperwork twice and didnt order my continental lights.

A few words in the managers direction and a threat of tearing the cheque up and they couldnt be nicer. No complaints about the company as such, just had a bad experience with a member of staff.

Boney

5. You could try Gellermann & Wecker in Dammstrasse in Gütersloh.

They provided PTP with a fine Gentlemans conveyance at a shedload less than I could get it in the UK. A RHD version only took an additional 4 weeks, and it was fully loaded.

Magic our Maurice.

6. Why not go straight to Mercedes and get loads of tax free discount? Do they still do that?

The profit I made on my E320 Estate was most welcome in 1999.

7. Just had a trip to BFG. Had a good look at the Six Sense Newspaper.

I was quite surprised at some of the "Tax Free" car prices. Subaru WRX for £15995, STi for £20695! Having an interest in motors I had a look at some of the UK Dealers. WRX for £15699, STi for £20999 just as good if not cheaper. Another advert stated SAAB Vector Convertible at £ £19962 not bad but a SAAB Aero (better spec) can be had for £20699 in the UK. Fiesta ST TDCi £10919 total with the dealers finance in BFG, £9946 to 10099 in the UK. Altea TDi 1.9 £11495, UK Dealer £11999.

Intrigued I investigated further, most prices quoted are only a few hundred pounds cheaper than the UK. So, why bother? UK market is a buyers market at the moment. Especially Rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Dont forget if your the holder of a NATO ID card, you get further discounts from some dealers on top of tax free prices. BM and Merc offer great discounts to NATO card holders.

Boney