Tax Free Bounty

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Peebottom, Jun 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently Serving in a regular unit with the intention of signing off end of the year. I was wondering though that If I do leave and join a TA unit would I be able to claim the full bounty. Even if I joined up just before the end of the tax year I would have already done my Matts & whips and surely all my time in the regulars would make me eligible for the full whack :?
    Sorry if this has already been posted before

2. Provided you get the 15 + 12 days in (no exemptions for regular service) and the TA unit accepts that you have done MATTs (probably easier to do them again) you can get a Training Bounty.

I think your question might be "Can I sign on with no intention of training and claim a years bounty without actually doing anything?" to which the answer is "No".

Edited to add: You may well be entitled to the top rate, by the way

3. That's what happened to me, although I did lose my rank as there was no position at rank open, mind you this was a good few years ago(VRSM & Bar) .....I think a lot depends on the unit you join whether they make you go through MATTs again, but where's the harm if you do, it avoids what could be a ARAB/STAB attitude that could develop & help you integrate better.

4. Hi

You might want to check re minimum number of days on strength.

I do not know if there is still such a requirement but after my first year in the TA, they tried to tell me that I was not eligible for Bounty. Their justification was that, although I'd done the MTDs, Camp, and training, I had not been on strength in the TA for the minimum (something like 9 months) period.

Fortunately, once I taught them to count, they discovered that I had been on strength 4 days over the minimum.

Happy for anyone to advise me that my knowledge is out of date... :lol:

5. Tut tut; just when youthink there's a shred of decency amongst them! :(

6. Scandalous! Probaly spent his entire career calling the STABS!!!!!!!! :wink:

Where do you live, wanna join a decent unit? :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. I won't lie the thought had crossed my mind as i'm gonna need every penny I can get when I leave the army and enter the real world.

But I did start my army career as a "STAB" and actually really enjoyed it.