Tax Free and a Discount?

Forastero

LE
I'm posted overseas (not Germany) for a couple of years and toying with the idea of a tax free car. I bought a brand new BMW just under two years ago and managed to secure a 22% discount from my local dealer. Question is, has anyone here managed to get a hefty discount as well as tax free? Despite the hefty discount on the beemer I've still lost a shitload of cash in depreciation so if a can get tax free and a discount it might be worth it.

I'm posted overseas (not Germany) for a couple of years and toying with the idea of a tax free car. I bought a brand new BMW just under two years ago and managed to secure a 22% discount from my local dealer. Question is, has anyone here managed to get a hefty discount as well as tax free? Despite the hefty discount on the beemer I've still lost a shitload of cash in depreciation so if a can get tax free and a discount it might be worth it.
Few years back when we were in Brussels we managed to get a healthy discount and tax free on a Volvo so it can be done. My son also managed to do so in the past 18 months, both were purchased through their export dealership which deals with the Mil/Diplomatic sales and anyone else wishing to export their purchases.

That is if you are not wedded to a BMW.

Forastero

LE
Cheers. Not completely stuck with BMW but do prefer them if I'm honest. If I was able to do it and make a few quid selling it when I come back then could be a goer. An obvious choice would be a Land Rover of some description although again I'm not that wild fussed with them.

I think most major manufacturers still run a discount scheme for Mil/Diplomats, some are keener than others to make sales, re Land Rover, our neighbours purchased 2 x Range Rovers when they left Belgium and sold them on on return. Remember the rules on how long you have to have the car out of the UK vary between overseas postings so it is worth checking as you could manage to buy new for your tour and then again on return to the UK.

Only problem with selling on in the UK is the moral component, is the concession for tax free purchases there to allow you to make a financial gain?:)

Forastero

LE
Only problem with selling on in the UK is the moral component, is the concession for tax free purchases there to allow you to make a financial gain?:)
Indeed! I'll be moving overseas anyway when I come back so may well just keep it but unless the pennies work out I may have to sell it anyway. Bit up in the air to be honest.