Tax Code 2010/2011

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by retired_taz, Apr 6, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Did anyone retired from thye military but not on state pension recieve a new Tax cosing for their military pension this year, with mine they managed to get the coding the wrong way round and tried to take a humungous amount of tax from my wages..anyone else had this from the taxman?
  2. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Similar but not the same.
    Two pensions, altered tax coding on company pension from NT to BR without changing coding on Mil Pension.
    Rang tax office & sorted, once I managed to get through to a person!
  3. HM Taxation decided that I was D0, ie a straight 40% across the board which had it been for my mil pension I would have been happy with, but they did it to my wages, yes I am still under 65 (just), which would have meant paying a stright 40% across the board on my 20% band. Yes I sorted it finally with the tax man just before the start of this financial year. I was placed on a BR code last year for my military pension, the code was a 4 figure one, ie BR2648 or something of that ilk which with the way the tax office worked it out, I was due to pay 62% tax on my military pension!! I contacted glasgow who said they could not by law take 62% the maximum was 50%, and that is what they have taken for the whole of 2009/2010, half my pension!!..Ok I will get back the difference this year when I fill in my tax return (remember those things- have to fill one in every year), but they dont pay interest!!!