Tavor Assault Rifle — Israels new Infantry weapon?

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
Nehustan = I have an image in my head of a soldier patrolling with an SLR with its stock rested on hip. Strong image

that'll be the painting of the 1GH foot patrol through derry? (might have been belfast - cant remember) then - they were all at high port

Grumblegrunt said:
Nehustan = I have an image in my head of a soldier patrolling with an SLR with its stock rested on hip. Strong image

that'll be the painting of the 1GH foot patrol through derry? (might have been belfast - cant remember) then - they were all at high port
The oil painting is 1GH in New Lodge, Belfast, in (I think) 1971; the most violent year of the Troubles. Picture has one of those dam' mice in it somewhere. I think the original is/was owned by HQ 39 Bde.

They took a lot of casualties on that tour :( : Squaddy black humour - other infantry called them the Falling Plates for a bit.

But I think the image in question is of a Queensman, in a beret, silhouetted against the sky: ABF used it as their logo for ages.

But wot this has to do with the Red Sea Pedestrians new bundook is utterly beyond me . . . . :?

2's up on that bad boy please.