Tavor Assault Rifle — Israels new Infantry weapon?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Trip_Wire, Aug 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. oooh, shiny!! Me want!!
  3. Nice bit of kit. Methinks that the Hez terrorists will be the subject of extensive field trials with it soon. Rock on IDF :lol: :lol:

4. looks gucci.
  5. Hmmm, looks sexy.
  6. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Looks alot like the SA80 to me with a fancy grip and 21st century casing. Sorry but it does.
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Mind you I'm betting it deals better with sand ;)
  8. Well... Yeah... but look how shiny it is[​IMG]
  9. Looks like another right handed only weapon :(

10. The user can change which side it fires from without recourse to an armourer.

Edit for link.
  11. Thought it might be similar to the Vektor CR-21 judging by the origin, but there appear to be a few major differences.

12. It looks like an SA80 because its a bullpup design. Its probably quite hard to build a bullpup weapon without it resembling an SA80 - although i fully expect the industry tries!!!! And sorry, SA80 and 21st century casing? Possibly the first time those 2 statements have been made in the same sentence :wink:
  13. What calibre is it? cant find any reference - be interesting to see if they stuck with the "lets wound 'em" 5.56 or if the IDF have requested more "man stopping" firepower?

14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

From the site quoted above:

The same as the AUG and FA MAS.
    Better for the left-hookers but still not an ambi wpn.

Herstal won the contract to supply the FN2000 to the Slovenian Armed Forces a month or so back, a major NATO contract but hardly in the same league as the US Army.
    There again, I can't really see the Cousins accepting a foreign wpn as their GI rifle due to it suffering from NIH.

The Slovenians will be deploying some troops to the Afghan and the Sandpit shortly so perhaps we'll soon view the FN2000 in wkg conditions on the news.