• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Tatty tea towel to fly over No.10 for world cup

That`s all we need, what next, a couple of cheap plastic ones for the windows of the prime ministerial limo or a couple flapping like bedsheets out the windows of Downing Street so it looks like the Rovers Return.

I thought we`d got rid of this populist drivel with Blair & the last lot. I bet he did`nt discuss it with Maggie or the Queen.

As long as he`s prepared to suffer the humiliation & fly it at half mast when England get booted out early thats fine :oops:

Does seem fairly naff. Can only assume they'll have all four national flags up for the rugby world cup next year or is it only football that gets the 'honour'?

Any chance he could replace it with something better like an Armed Forces Day one? I'll even sub him the cash if he doesn't feel he can afford it!

They must be launching this initiative:

The government is worried that men's willies are getting smaller. To find out how great the problem is, they have asked men with penises smaller than three inches to put a white flag with a red cross on their cars this summer!!

It won't be up there for long!

PS: How sad it is that the lame brains that inhabit this country would 'crucify' Mr. Cameron if he said:

'No. 10 is the official home of the nation - it is not a fair-ground stall. The residence may fly the Union Flag, but the era of 'grinning spivs' trying to be 'a man of the people' and curry favour with the lager swilling, pot-bellied, benefit dependant, tattooed, ear-ring festooned 'oiks' is over'.

If he had said the above, he may not have needed a 'coalition'.

There again, what politician says what they really think?

bovvy said:
They must be launching this initiative:

The government is worried that men's willies are getting smaller. To find out how great the problem is, they have asked men with penises smaller than three inches to put a white flag with a red cross on their cars this summer!!
Aah ! scientific research & here was me thinking it was only about plonker`s & dick`s.

genuinely am trying very very hard to care about this story. Honestly.

I mean, yeeeeeah it's maybe a bit chavvy. Then again it's maybe good that England is looking for an identity. Then again football might not be appropriate. I don't know. I don't think anyone should get that upset, did anyone even know the Union Flag flew over number. 10 beforehand? Would anyone have noticed if it wasn't announced?

Yeah, it's populist. He's a politician. If public disdain outweighed public approval then it would have been a bad move, but I don't think it is.

No one's going to die as a result of this, we haven't lost any standing on the international stage, no one has even been offended, really.

This is normally something I would get worked up about, but I am struggling here.

Difference is, Cameron will fly a flag made by Flying Colours, Flag makers to the Queen.

Broon would have flown one of those shiny Nylon jobbies with a JJB logo on the front. Getting down with the kids.

Latest Threads