Tattoos

Depends on where it is and what else it contains. If its on your neck and says "I hate taigs" then yes, if it cant be seen with sleeves down and is just a red hand then no.

Some advice..:

leg and upper arm.....one with quis seperabit
Could be an issue, depends how people interpret it (see bold below). Your best bets checking with the recruiters at palace.

from wikipedia

The Red Hand was later included in the Northern Ireland flag and on the shields of counties Cavan, Tyrone, Londonderry, Antrim and Monaghan. It is also used by many other official and non-official organisations throughout the province of Ulster.

The Red Hand can be regarded as one of the very few cross-community symbols used in Northern Ireland. Due to its roots as a Gaelic Irish symbol, nationalist/republican groups have used (and continue to use) it often – for example the republican Irish Citizen Army, the republican National Graves Association, Belfast, the Irish Transport and General Workers Union and numerous GAA clubs in Ulster. However, after the creation of Northern Ireland, loyalist groups began to use it widely – for example the Red Hand Commandos, Red Hand Defenders and Ulster Defence Association, among others
Quis separabit? (Latin: Who will separate [us]?) is a motto of the Royal Dragoon Guards [1] the Order of St. Patrick, The Royal Ulster Rifles, the Irish Guards[2][3][4] and the North Irish Horse. It also appears on the Coat of arms of Northern Ireland.

It is also used as the motto of the 4th/7th Royal Dragoon Guards,[5] a cavalry regiment of the British Army from 1922 to 1992.

It was the motto of the Connaught Rangers, an Irish Regiment of the British Army from its amalgamation in 1881 until it was disbanded in 1922. Prior to this, it was the motto of the precursor regiment of the Rangers, the 88th Regiment of Foot (Connaught Rangers) which was founded in 1793.

It is also the motto of the Ulster Defence Association, a proscribed loyalist paramilitary group in Northern Ireland .[6] The source is the Vulgate translation of Romans, 8:35: "Quis nos separabit a caritate Christi...", translated as "Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?".

I hope its spelt better than that. Could get you into trouble with the law as they could deem it to be supporting a proscribed organisation.
I spelt it wrong here, spelt correctly on me though, im not very good at bending over and reading upside down. Which i guess is a plus point.

ugly

LE
Where is the irony in a Proddy mob using Latin for a motto. Anyway the Red Paw is NI Army Dog Unit or was! Often mistaken for a red hand by thickos and ignoramus in general.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
annabel The NAAFI Bar 50
B Officers 105
Charlie_Cong Infantry 24