Tattoos for Troops

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by jack-daniels, Oct 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,
    I am the event organiser for 'Tattoos for Troops'
    Max and I own the tattoo shop in Farnham, Max used to be a squaddie and we thought it was about time we did something good!

The press release for this event will be going out this week but if anyone wants any information, email me at or go to our facebook group
  2. Image of some very slurred tattoos there...!

Good luck!
  3. Love your energy and respect but without being rude I am not happy about young guys getting a tattoo for short term gratification who may later change their mind. Just being honest
  4. Can you guys check the date shown on Facebook for this event - shows Friday 10 November but, by reckoning, the 10 November is a Monday.

Good luck with it though

5. I completely agree that young people shouldn't get tattoos without thinking about it. We do our best to discourage anybody that asks for a tattoo that we think they will regret.

We will be tattooing all sorts of people, most of whom already have tattoos and are well aware of what they are doing - I think it's probably wiser to get a poppy than a girlfriend's name anyway :wink:

Tattooing is popular and more widespread than every but we certainly won't be forcing anybody into it!

Each poppy will stay with it's wearer forever and they will always remember the millions people that have laid down their lives.
  6. I just clicked on the facebook link above, and it opened a zillion webpages, and kept going! I had to stop the iexplorer service!
  7. Beki, you know me but you'll have to work out who I am!!