Tattoos and the Army

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheHatsRevenge, May 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It would appear the tatoo isnt the only reason, he's left twice

2. Because he's got a great big minging tat on his neck......

If he new re-enlisting was a possibility, he knew the rules and knew that by getting it done there was no chance of re-joining.

I think its covered under the 5th commandment of 'Thou shalt not be a daft cnut'

3. His isn't as bad as some of the recruits i have met, some have 50+ tattoos

4. Bloke turned up to join up same time as me - tattoos everywhere, those horrible 'tunnel' type things in his ears, nose piercing...

Didn't see him again!

5. Was it fun counting them?

6. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I met an MPGS chap recently who is re-engaging in the navy. He is having to have the Tatoo wedding ring removed (It is usually unseen because its under his wedding ring) I know there are rules but there should also be intelligent application of them.

7. What's the big deal, it's only a tatoo.

When I walk down the street with my chick people just look away.

Attached Files:

8. I think he/she/it might be turned away from an AFCO too...

9. Because of the unnatural colour of hair?

10. Colour blind for trade.

11. Precisely! :D

12. Should be fine in the Royal Signals, would certainly aid in signal enhancement, if that is still a concern these days. :D :D

13. That just may be his problem. They've spent enough of the tax payers money on him already. Leaving once and realising that civvy street isn't for you is something many soldiers do, but to do it twice? And the old 'I want to fight for my country' routine is a bit played out now.

'I left for a girl'? Well, that'll be the level of his commitment to an Army career will it? What happens the next he becomes an emotional wreck?

If he thinks that laser surgery will be a five minute job for a tattoo like that, he's sadly mistaken. It would take over a year to shift that. It'll cost him as well, unless of course he expects the tax payer to foot the bill through the NHS.

F*cking nugget getting a tattoo that size anyway.

Good morning everyone and how are we this fine day!