Tattoo ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by corbuk, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im in basic training , and on leave and i got my self a 3 quarter sleeve tat.....

Im rite in thinking the policy on tat's is no hands,neck,face....etc...

so im ok ? wont get fked an all? a few lads got a tat on leave last time and they didnt get in anything....

2. Why are you checking after getting the tattoo done? Assuming it's nothing offensive, I would imagine you'll be fine.

3. ive got a full sleeve and a tattoo on the back of my neck, had no problems at all in 4 years service

4. Thank you.

5. I'm seeing a lot of lads with stylised letters tattooed behind their ear, and quite a lot with hand tat's ...even seen a couple with those little moustaches on their finger to place over their top lip :lol:

I would just be careful that you tattoo doesn't cause you to go sick, you say you're in basic training, if say it rubs when you wear a bergen and bleeds or gets gunky, you're held responsible.

6. when i went through medical for the paras one of the guys along side me had several tattoos and some particularly offensive, not to myself but possibly to others.
    He had a large swastika on one arm and a kkk gang member on the other, both on forearms, he said to me when he came out the doctor just laughed!!

So i think you have nothing to worry about

plus if its not offensive then its not really a problem,

its ok, once ur in its not a problem to get more

7. "Tattoos
    78. It is Army policy that a person with tattoo marks which, because of their size, position or nature would be detrimental to the Service, is ineligible for enlistment, re-enlistment or continued service in the Army. Tattooing is to be discouraged, and unacceptable tattoos may result in applications being made for discharge. Such tattoos are defined as being any tattoo(s), excessive in size or number, offensive or obscene, which are visible when wearing parade uniform (not including shirt sleeve order or sports clothing). The visible area comprises the head and neck. "

8. So in other words, if it doesn't show whilst wearing one or two dress, it's ok.

9. Deleted for mongness.

10. Look after your tattoo. If it gets infected you will most likely be charged with "self-inflicted injury."

11. I was speaking to someone in week 10, he got a tattoo during the weekend and his platoon got fcuked for it, i think it depends on your corporals tbh